PDA

View Full Version : FISHING MAGAZINES

Grizzly Gary
03-11-2007, 09:20 AM
This is the time of year I do a little more reading of fishing magazines. I like Walleye In-Sider, Great Lakes Angler, Pennsylvania Outdoors News and a few others. I find they provide great info and entertainment. They sure help take the edge off of the March Cabin Fever Blues.

What do you read?

Grizzly Gary

GR8FUL2FISH
03-12-2007, 06:58 AM
I like Esox Angler. It always has great articles on Walleye and lunge. Great pics too.

FishingMarshall
03-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Mostly In-Fisherman because it has articles on lots of different species and techniques. Ocassionally I'll pick up a Bassin' or Esox Angler.

carl milks
03-16-2007, 10:13 PM
For my daily trips to the "library" I read Walleye-Insider & Infisherman. Tried others many times, but you can only invent the wheel once, and the others never seem to bring new info.

Mighty Mike
03-17-2007, 10:22 AM
i likk walleye insider. never seen that essox angler. grizzly had them on his show once. where do you get that mag?

mike

NY-STR8SHOOTER
03-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Wow -
In this electronics era, do people still read?..LoL

In my opinion, there isn't a lot in print that is brand new to the fishing industry. What I do is subscribe to a number of forums (like this one) for fishing and hunting. On these real people speak of their successes in areas close to home. I can provide you some names if interested.

I don't even bother with the sports channel shows. They show Bubba taking his brand new bubble gum and lime green spinnerbait out from the package. He is almost ready yo fish some backwater pond. First, he twists the eye 90 degrees and trims back the skirt 3/16"....etc. What a waste.