View Full Version : Kinzua level

John Lorenzo
03-16-2007, 07:42 AM
Hey, how bout the lake level? Up ten feet in one day! And supposed to be 5 feet above summer pool by Sunday! Holy moly!!!!!!!!!! Ice will be gone soon, better get the boat ready!!!!!!

03-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Yes a little water for sure . They are going to start blowing water out into the river this weekend . Tail water fishing by wading is a no go this weekend .Very unsafe water levels .

Grizzly Gary
03-16-2007, 04:08 PM
YES! YES! Let's get the boats ready. I hear of another big warm up next week. Crappie fishing here we come!!

Mighty Mike
03-17-2007, 11:24 AM
kinzua is a funny place. one year iits 10 ft over summer pool the next year 10 ft under. be nice to have one stable year. i like the water way up rather than down.

03-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Will this up and down movement of the water effect the walleye or the crappie fishing on the res or Kinzua?? 7 AM report says 1332.57 and will raise about another foot over the next three days. They probable will have it stable by the end of April unless we get a lot of rain.

Looking forward to some crappie fishing on Kinzua this spring. Understand there are some SLABS. Just need to find out where to go.

John Lorenzo
03-19-2007, 03:25 PM
you'd be better off going to Chautauqua, the high water right now (and it's not that high) might not even be a factor by the time ice comes off, crappie are spotty at Kinzua, myself if I keep any ( and that is very very rare) it's only after they have spawned, if there were a ton of them in Kinzua that would be different, but since there isn't a "ton" I would highly urge people to not keep them until after the spawn.

03-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Glad it wasn't this high when i went swimming in the river the other day.

Grizzly Gary
03-20-2007, 03:30 PM
rdnkzac this is not a good time for river swimming. Just thought you might want to know! :lol: