PDA

View Full Version : Kinzua level

John Lorenzo
03-16-2007, 07:42 AM
Hey, how bout the lake level? Up ten feet in one day! And supposed to be 5 feet above summer pool by Sunday! Holy moly!!!!!!!!!! Ice will be gone soon, better get the boat ready!!!!!!

treerat
03-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Yes a little water for sure . They are going to start blowing water out into the river this weekend . Tail water fishing by wading is a no go this weekend .Very unsafe water levels .

Grizzly Gary
03-16-2007, 04:08 PM
YES! YES! Let's get the boats ready. I hear of another big warm up next week. Crappie fishing here we come!!

Mighty Mike
03-17-2007, 11:24 AM
kinzua is a funny place. one year iits 10 ft over summer pool the next year 10 ft under. be nice to have one stable year. i like the water way up rather than down.

mike

MR ED
03-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Will this up and down movement of the water effect the walleye or the crappie fishing on the res or Kinzua?? 7 AM report says 1332.57 and will raise about another foot over the next three days. They probable will have it stable by the end of April unless we get a lot of rain.

Looking forward to some crappie fishing on Kinzua this spring. Understand there are some SLABS. Just need to find out where to go.

MR ED

John Lorenzo
03-19-2007, 03:25 PM
you'd be better off going to Chautauqua, the high water right now (and it's not that high) might not even be a factor by the time ice comes off, crappie are spotty at Kinzua, myself if I keep any ( and that is very very rare) it's only after they have spawned, if there were a ton of them in Kinzua that would be different, but since there isn't a "ton" I would highly urge people to not keep them until after the spawn.

rdnkzac
03-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Glad it wasn't this high when i went swimming in the river the other day.

Grizzly Gary
03-20-2007, 03:30 PM
rdnkzac this is not a good time for river swimming. Just thought you might want to know! :lol: