PDA

View Full Version : WHAT DO YOU SHOOT?

Grizzly Gary
03-18-2007, 07:37 PM
I know that Archery is not a hot topic as we enter the fishing season. But hey, I can't just let this page sit empty. So just wondering what Bow you own and why you like it or don't like it for that matter.

I have no particular reason for listing the names in the Poll that I do, other than they are the top names.

Then we can talk single cam, double cam and double and a 1/2 cam.

rattrapper
03-18-2007, 08:07 PM
I have a older Mountainer bow. I like it. It is fine for me. --------- It was what Dan fitzgerald was shooting and selling a few years back. -------------- rattrapper

darcher
03-19-2007, 12:33 AM
Of course you know that I shoot a Mathews. I have shot their product since 1992. This is not all about a good product, but a good company. I have dealt with many of the major manufactures and have found that Mathews is the best to deal with. They have the best warranty and never question us when we do require warrenty work. I could tell you several stories of how they have gone way beyond what would be required of them just to keep a customer happy. As a dealer they have been very easy to work with and require very little of us, yet take very good care of us. Quality all the way around!!!

03-19-2007, 02:13 AM
I shoot a Martin Jaguar.Its lite,fast,easy to tune and i have never had any issues with it.I have dropped it out of a tree stand and fell on the rocks in West Virginia many times.I've killed everything from woodchucks to deer,bear and boars with complete pass thru.Going to Canada again this fall to hunt bears again and Colorado to hunt elk next Sept. Its a single cam bow.Also use a Drop Zone fall away rest and string loop and Scott release,Sims Vibration Labs stabilizer and string silencers and Tru-Glo fiber optic sights.I shoot Browning Gold Tip arrows and always shot 100 Grain Thunderhead broadheads.Last year i bought some G5 montec broadheads to try this year.I love the concept and design.Bears should be a good test. 8)

ratherbhuntin
03-19-2007, 08:10 AM
I shoot a bear instinct, Dotn ahve alot to say about it since ive only had it for a month. But from what i have shot so far It seems like a heck of a deal for $400 bucks.

treerat
03-19-2007, 11:54 AM
I shoot a Mathews Q2XL . Nice Bow I have hunted with it for about 6years i think .I have killed several deer with this bow .

Bwanna Jim
03-21-2007, 12:22 PM
I shoot a Mathews Ultra Light which is only the second bow I have owned. Works like a charm and most often a pass through shot. Great company too,they take care of any issuse you may have!

03-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Mathews UltraMax....

Best rig I've ever owned. I've shot it so much it's on it's third set of limbs....

When I first got it, it was a little funky learning the right grip due to a slight torque. That's my fault though mostly as I shoot a short draw on purpose and this particular bow was worlds apart from the previous High Country Excaliber Hatchet Cam.

Once I retrained me self, hittin' a snuff can at 40 yards was a cake walk. I've let my practice go here the last few years and don't shoot as much as I used to, but one thing I love about this bow is it almost shoots itself. Meaning I can pick it up today after months of not shooting and do well enough with it to be confident to hunt.

Mathews or bust.................

woodlandtrophies
03-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Mathews Mustang for me ^^ Used to Shoot a Hoyt something or another, but upgraded! Couldn't be happier with it!

zenrider
03-30-2007, 12:27 PM
I have a Darton Lightening that is aging. At one time it was booked as the fastest bow on the planet and still has better numbers than most single cams. This thing is hot. My friend and I drag race to the target. He shoots a Mathews Solo. When I am not sleeping at the green light, my aluminum log pole arrow beats his short little carbons again and again. The bow however is HUGE. When the Solo cams start blowing by this thing, I will think about replacing it. Hunted archery for 9 yrs prior to purchasing this. No harvest with the previous two bows. But once I got the Lightening, the valleys bleed.

Gilligan
06-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Dont hunt with a bow, got a Ford Tarus that never misses!