PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait to tell Gilligan - My first sauger

Looney Tunes
03-22-2007, 07:01 PM
While Gilligan was on the show circuit I been practicing for the PA Tournaments. I caught my first sauger. Now I know what they look like so I'm ready. I think this is a big one but I only caught Walleyes on Lake Erie. Or could it be a Zander.
Gilligan is losing his edge showing all those people his boat and eating ice cream all day with the Silver Lake boys. He don't even have downriggers on the boat.

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/120940.JPG (http://www.myfishingpictures.com/?p=120940&c=517&z=1)

eyedoktr
03-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Hey Jim, nice sauger. :D :D

Grizzly Gary
03-22-2007, 07:26 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Man that got to be close to a state record Sauger!!

You are right Looney Tunes, with Gilligan so busy eating ice cream while doing the show circuit, come fishing season we will probably have to help his fat azz in and out of the boat! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He might just have to sit in a lawn chair and look at that boat in the bay! LOL!!!

Nice shark Looney Tunes! Where'd ya get & tell us the story.

Outdoorsman
03-22-2007, 07:43 PM
I always wondered what they look like !! :roll: I bet you caught him on six pound test ! You da man!

Gilligan
03-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Hey There Capt Jim...

Downriggers...bout the only use for them might be to hook onto a Chevy stuck in a mud hole to winch it out!!

Nice Sauger!!! Would have sworn that was a big flathead catfish.

Looney Tunes
03-26-2007, 05:16 AM
Grizz
We were fishing for Marlin off Zancudo Costa Rica. We were slow trolling a 24" yellow fin tuna. If you ever had yellow fin you'd know why the shark ate it. I was counting on eating the bait.
On the depth finder we spotted a hump on which we saw grouper. So we dropped some lines for grouper with the tuna baits out. The rest is the picture.
1:45 minutes later we boated this.
We caught about a dozen sails each, dolphin, several roosters, jacks and groupers. El Nino has it screwed up a little. But we had great action.

Good to get away from Buffalo and get warm for a week.

Could you imagine some guys like to sit on a bucket on ice for hours in the winter.
The 85 degrees shorts and flip flops do more for my hemroids than the bucket on ice.