PDA

View Full Version : CABELAS CAPTAINS WEEKEND! WOW!!!

Grizzly Gary
03-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Who here has been to a Cabelas Store?

WOW! I did my show live from the Cabelas in Hamburg Pennsylvania this past Sunday. It was Captains Weekend. 30 Charter Captains & Guides were doing FREE seminars at the Cabelas Store. Everything from Anchorage Alaska to our own www.alleghenyguideservice.com was there.

I was most impressed by the Cabelas staff as well as the various Charter Captains doing all in their power to help & educate each and every person asking for information. I watched Charter Captains & Cabelas staff walking down the isles with folks and doing hands on tips & tactics to help them better experience their fishing endeavors. KUDOS to all!

You for sure want to go to our "Archived Shows" page and download these shows!

Hour one was:

www.reelfunsportfishing.com

www.instigatorcharters.com

Hour 2 was:

Cabelas Event Coordinator Big Phil O'Boole www.cabelas.com

www.missjudycharters.com

www.penrodsguides.com

All were highly informative and fun.

This Cabelas Store is the largest in the country! You will love this show!

carl milks
03-28-2007, 09:52 PM
I've been to two Cabela's stores- Hamburg, Pa once, and Dundee Michigan every year since it opened. We go by there on way to annual Canada fishing trip to NW Ontario. For those that have never been to one- GO!!!! The stores are awesome!! You can spend hours and hours browsing thru- literally everything they have in the catalogs is in the stores too and then some. I've found that the staff is very knowledgeable and go out of their way to help. And the hundreds of mounts on the walls, and the "mountain" of game mounts are worth the trip to see. Also, live fish aquariums with all the freshwater fish we have. Boats, motors-you name it, they got it. Always sales, seminars, ect going on. Even if you don't buy anything (yeah, right), it's well worth the trip to see one in person. Don't forget a camera!!!

03-28-2007, 10:33 PM
I've been to the one in Dundee,Mich,Hamburg,Pa. and Wheeling W.V. As a matter of fact,i'm going to the one in W.V. on Sunday.Any one of them is awesome! I went to the Bass Pro shop in Harrisburg during the Eastern Sports Show.I have never been to one before.It was nice but obviously is more driven to fishermen and women.But i enjoyed it.I have found that the staff at Cabelas is very knowledgeble about their products and very understanding.If you're ever near Uniontown-east of Pittsburgh,Woodlands World is a really nice place too! Looks like a minature version of Cabelas.Always stop in there when i fish the dam at the Yough in Ohiopyle. 8)

Mighty Mike
03-29-2007, 10:02 AM
cant get in and out of a cabelas without spending a couple hundred bucks. not that i mind. the store is giant and there is so much to see. heard parts of the show sunday and them captains were interesting. liked the lady talking about how here dad was first a bootlegger with his boat before they started the charter business. i think she said her dad fished with al capone. cabelas is a good store and that was a good show.

mike

Jim_R
04-04-2007, 08:32 AM
I've been to the Michigan store also. Man, that place is cool. The live fish in the beaver dam pond with the moose was pretty cool. Not to mention the flocks of waterfowl coming in with wings set. I want that in my house!

Big Phil
06-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Gary;

I finally got around to checking out your forums and I wanted to say thanks for the nice things you said about us out here in Hamburg. We really enjoyed having you here and doing your show from our "little" store! The captain's all talked about it and some were a little jealous that they didn't get on!

Anyway, I'm starting to work on Captain's Weekend 2008...........I'll let everybody know when I get a roster put together!

Thanks again,

Phil O'Boyle
Event Coordinator
Cabela's - Hamburg, PA

Grizzly Gary
06-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Big Phil,

Welcome to Grizzlyland! We are honored to have a Cabela's Guru here. Even though you are from a "little' store. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I for sure had a fantastic time when visiting the Cabela's Store in Hamburg Pennsylvania. As I said "WOW!"

Planning on having several of the Captains as guests on the show over the summer. They were all fun & informative as guests. Big Phil you made a fine interview yourself!

Looking forward to visiting again next year. I know Red Childress & Charlie Brant of www.alleghenyguideservice.com had a whale of a time also! What better weekend to be at the largest Cabela's in the nation filled with Charter Captains & Guides from all over the country??? Sharing Senior Sodas at the Adult Beverage Lounge accross was a fine time also.

If you've never been to a Cabela's you are missing an amazing site to see!!!