PDA

View Full Version : Crappie

03-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Just a quick bit of info. I heard today 3/30/07, that the crappie bite at Pymatunning is really hot

Muzzymad

Grizzly Gary
03-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Funny you should mention that Muzzymad. Just hung up the phone with my show guest for this weekend. One Lew Walker of Ducks Unlimited. He tells me that he and his brother caught over 200 Crappie today at Pymatuming of which 60 were keepers.

He said they absolutely slammed them!

Outdoorsman
03-30-2007, 10:03 PM
I have had some great luck at Pymie on early season crappie. I also hooked some of my better eyes by luck, fishing for crappies. The pipe on the Ohio side before you get on the causeway can be awesome in the dark hours.

Bill J
03-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Was just down to Pymatuning for a visit two days ago and talked to 2 different fishermen that a taking Walleye on the North end, they were fishing daylight hours. Also was told about the crappie bite.....Walleye on Pymatuning is open year round.

Old School Dave
03-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Dont know about the crappie but I seen some really nice eyes that were taken by the dam up at Linesville(North End) Thursday. I was up re-suppliing one of our dealers with Nitro's and the guys are kicking the snot out of eyes on them.This will go on for about another 2 weeks or until the spawn is over.
The prime time at Pymy for crappies is about mid May when the big slab female black crappies are in the shoreline spawning. Thats when I slam them wading. Didn't happen last year since the water was way down and they spawned out in deeper water.

Will_S
04-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Slab crappies during the spawn is a blast. Dave, are the eyes coming in shallow now? I used to wade in the mornings and evening twitching a floating rapala and having a ball with them. It's been a few years since I've done it though.

Old School Dave
04-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Haven't heard anything about the waders up at pymy. The bait shop I was at is near the spillway up at Linesville just down below where the ducks walk on the carp. The whole parking lot was full so I couldn't go down and talk to anyone. There were boats tied off off the cable ( marks no fishing area ) and the rock banks were full of guys casting vibee's,nitro's and silver buddies. We took up 40 fire tiger and white/silver baits and they were gone in a hour.
I imagine there are guys jigging under the Pa. side hole in the causeway at night but never heard anything. Their a pretty tight lipped crowd.

Old School Dave
04-01-2007, 11:15 AM
These fish were taken May 12th 2005 between the hours of 5:30-6:45pm. They were really in the shallows but a t-storm started threatening and just got back to the truck before all hell broke loose. Missed it last year since all the hot spots were high and dry.
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/8026/p5100011ck3.jpg
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/3728/p5100012zi7.jpg
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2484/p5100013xd8.jpg

Mighty Mike
04-02-2007, 08:05 AM
we up here seem to always be a week or two behind you guys. hope that means we are getting the slabs soon.

mike