PDA

View Full Version : Getting out there

NY-STR8SHOOTER
04-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Folks -

I am putting it on the line here. Going out tomorrow with a brand new fishing buddy to try my luck again at them thar trout. With a little luck (okay a lot of luck) I will need to stop at a supermarket on my way home to buy slivered almonds. One just can't prepare Trout Almondine without slivered almonds. Sacre' bleu...quelle gauche.

Wish me luck.
Rob

Mighty Mike
04-03-2007, 10:26 AM
good luck. if you get no trout you can still eat the almonds. i like almonds.

mike

NY-STR8SHOOTER
04-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Guys-

I think I suck at this; and I'm not the only one. Pastor Jack and I gave it all that we had, and then some. We also watched others give it their best shot. Nada. Zip. We went to Powder Mill Park on Route 96, the site of the trout derby yesterday. I thought since it had rained so hard yesterday morning some folk might have not shown. Those stocked Rainbows and Browns would still be available. We and others offered them worms, corn, Mepps, Rooster Tails and other spinners, nymphs and other wet flies to no avail. Hell I was better shooting at something. Maybe my first instinct would have been more productive. I was going to make a steelhead, coho and chinook attempt at the mouth of the Genesee River here. Me thinks the next time I'll unload my 870 with buckshot to the surface and get the net ready. This is getting embarassing, Is anyone having any luck at all?

Rob