PDA

View Full Version : GRIZZ on sundays radio show

GRIZZ
04-08-2007, 09:31 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to Gary for having me on the show, and that I had a great time. There were quite a few topics we didn't get to cover that we wanted to, like the best crappie lakes in the USA and using the internet to learn more about fishing. We didn't get to argue over our names either. lol - Maybe next time.

Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did - GRIZZ

And its crap - pee not crop - pee!!

Grizzly Gary
04-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Great having you Grizz! It truly was a fun and informative 2 hours. Already have the CDs with me so I will upload them after Church. I am sure everbody will especially enjoy hearing my Easter Song at the start of Hour 2. I am quite the crooner!!! :lol:

Lots of excellent Tips & Tactics for all of you Crappie anglers.

And it's Crop-pee not crap-pee ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

treerat
04-08-2007, 10:34 AM
crap-pee or crop -pee . All I know is it tastes pretty good .better than trout any day :D

agertool
04-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Here is what answer.com has to say about the proper pronunciation of the word crappie:

crap·pie (krŏp'ē) pronunciation
n., pl. -pies.

Either of two edible North American sunfishes, the black crappie (Pomoxis nigromaculatus) or the white crappie (P. annularis).

I guess that means Gary was right on the show today. Personally, I say and will continue to say it the wrong way but then again, you can't teach old dogs new tricks!

Bill

Grizzly Gary
04-08-2007, 02:42 PM
AHA!! That's one vote from good ole Mr. Webster for me Grizz! :lol:

The shows are now available at our Archived Shows Page. Not only will you get 2 hours of fantastic Crappie talk but you will get the Grizzly Gary Easter song!

What about you? Are you a Crap-p angler or a Crop-p angler?

GRIZZ
04-08-2007, 06:44 PM
webster dictionary
Pronunciation: 'krä-pE - thats crap-pee folks.

Dictionary.com
crap·pie /ˈkræpi/ Pronunciation Key - [krap-ee]
Thats also crap-pee.

Wikipedia - The common name crappie (pronounced /ˈkʰrɑ·pi/), - another crap-pee

HMM - I think those dictionaries that say crop-pee are from PA, and you all now what the schools are like down there. hehe

agertool
04-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Hey born and raised in Pa, I wuz edukated jus fine

Bill

treerat
04-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Bream pronounced brim .at least in Arkansaw

hunterdeneugene
04-08-2007, 07:36 PM
general rule of thumb....North of the Mason Dixon line-----CROP-PIE.

South of the Mason Dixon Line-----CRAP-PIE

Bill J
04-09-2007, 09:33 PM
All I know is that due to global warming :shock: the weather is to CRAPPY to fish for crop-pie or crap-pie at this time :? ](*,)

Grizzly Gary
04-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Grizz is a big fan of www.crappie.com He was worried about me not wanting him to promote another web-site on my show. I quickly explained that my goal is to promote fishing & hunting period.

We must set our egos and monetary desires aside and concentrate on growing the sports we all love. Of course if www.crappie.com wants to send me a $1,000,000,000 check I would be more than glad to cash it! :lol:

I say Croppie!!! :lol: