PDA

View Full Version : DECISIONS! DECISIONS!

Grizzly Gary
04-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Not sure what to do this Saturday. Opening Day of Pa. Trout or launch the boat & chase Chautauqua Crappies. Weather will be a big factor. What would you do?

woodlandtrophies
04-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Gotta do opening day! But of course if its as cold as a penguins behind.. Nudie mags all the way! ~.o woohoo!

eyedoktr
04-09-2007, 08:28 PM
I voted crappie. At least you can eat them and they taste good.

NY-STR8SHOOTER
04-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Gary -

80% of the people including myself favor crappie. The statistician in me says you gotta go with the concensus of opinion buddy. If things don't work out well then we are all wrong. If you opt for trout and get your limit you'll hear "nice going" but if your day doesn't go so well people will line up to post their "I told you so."

I could be wrong. It's happened twice before. Ask my exes.

Rob

Gilligan
04-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Eyedoktr is lying! Of those 3 I know his choice. :twisted:

Do you know why there are so many catch and release trout anglers? Eat one sometime, like eating 3 day old road kill...Crappie ALL the way!!

Bill J
04-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Have to do the Trout opener, only comes once a year. Crappie will come later as the weather warms and I do not freeze out in the boat.

eyedoktr
04-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Eyedoktr is lying! Of those 3 I know his choice. :twisted:

Do you know why there are so many catch and release trout anglers? Eat one sometime, like eating 3 day old road kill...Crappie ALL the way!!

If the choice was for me, you're right. I was making the suggestion for Gary. :D :D

04-09-2007, 11:05 PM
How about sluggin' beer's at the Tippy-Canoe? It's across the street from me!!!

MUZZYMAD

Willow Creeker
04-10-2007, 12:57 AM
If I new how to work these dam puters, I would put one of those cute stir the pot faces up here.

All winter long I heard how you can't wait to get the boat out and crack some eyes.

All I will say is:
MOSQUITO LAKE

Can't you feel the tug on your jig and here those fillets frying as you read this.

Oh yah, thats it , now I smell it, hold on, I got a hit.

had to do it, working to hard, had to make myself smile, oops thats another subject. Rated mature

tom

John Lorenzo
04-10-2007, 07:13 AM
weather.com says it's supposed to be in the 50's Saturday with some rain, might have to head to Chaut. and see if the big fish are biting, it's not all about fillin your tummy Gary! LOL

RangerBT
04-10-2007, 07:17 AM
My vote is to fish Chautauqua but for bass, throwing a shallow running crankbait. The new catch and release bass season in NYS starts now. Randy

Bill J
04-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Gee RangerBT and JL...I forgot all about that new law that you can now target bass in NY waters...catch and lease....gives me one more reason to head for Chautauqua soon. :lol:

treerat
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Trout all the way .You will have lots of time in the boat this year . Of coarse release all the trout . :lol: especially those stupid enough to hit that roostertail .

Mighty Mike
04-10-2007, 01:56 PM
i say we do both. we meet at the west branch tionesta like we do every year. we fish trout in the morning. then we go to chautauqua in the afternoon and go after the calicos. hows that sound grizzly?

mike

John Lorenzo
04-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Bill I've been C&R the bass in NY for years, not much they can do about it unless you target a fish on a bed. I sure hope it doesn't get too crowded up there, had it too good for too long before this.

Outdoorsman
04-11-2007, 10:22 PM
I say pick one or two and put number three in your back pocket if the fishing is slow. Im a very schooled fisherman who is heavy into compromise. :oops:

Grizzly Gary
04-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Never thought i'd have to put in the choice:

Stay at home and puke and shi# myself!

Course you all would have probably voted for that! :lol:

MR ED
04-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Gary, had the same stuff LAST WEEK.. a week later and still feel down and out. Sure does take a lot out of the system. "in both directions" Glad to hear that you are doing better. Guess that when you shave your head... something has to come out.. ha ha ha

MR ED