PDA

View Full Version : MAKIPLASTICS CRUSHING THE TROUT!!!

Grizzly Gary
04-12-2007, 10:45 AM
The www.makiplastic.com products were introduced to me as a Pan Fish bait. Well check out the Trout Page because Treerat & ratherbhuntin are slamming huge Trout using them. The pics of these fish will boggle the mind.

Wonder if Maki ever thought they would make such excellent Trout baits.

eyedoktr
04-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Most of the Maki baits are designed for all purpose fishing. Scott does lots of tests to actually verify that fish are indeed interested in each and every bait he sells. He has baits for everything including panfish all the way up to saltwater.

Once you try 'em, you'll be amazed.

treerat
04-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Absolutely killer trout baits .I have caught trout on three different baits .stoni, wormi, and spiiki . still experimenting on the presentations .heres a couple pics
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/treerat/Fish%202007/DSC00131.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/treerat/Fish%202007/DSC00134.jpg

treerat
04-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Pa first day report
I was catching a few brookies on Maki's, Brokeback minnoes and the mousi . Just slowly dragging them on the bottom .Water temps were real cold . I expect theese baits to work even better after the streams warm up .

Grizzly Gary
04-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Great job on those Trout guys! I have to get the puke & drizzles so I miss the opener. There is no justice in this world!

Saw I put the Maki web address up wrong, sorry about that. I am a stupid basta**!

www.makiplastic.com

These baits catch everything that swims!

FisherMOM
04-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Celeste got some of these this fall... what size hook should I use to rig them up you suppose? talk to me... Nice fish! wow!

treerat
04-28-2007, 09:22 AM
We are using them on small jig heads 64th oz .Regular hook size probably a 12 . .cast them cross current and twitch them back upstreams . Also are deadly on perch ,bluegills and crappies .fished them under a boober for the pan fish .

TONY ON ICE
04-28-2007, 12:22 PM
GRIZZ
The limitations of Maki Plastics are endless ! Every day, we're hearing and seeing more reports of fishermen/women catching multiple species in one outing on one bait.
When this all started to float around in our heads about 6 years ago, it was all about panfish and perch through the ice and then open water but we knew of the unlimited potential with these baits as trout catchers as well.
Maki has produced a mold for a lifelike trout egg with a small vein (tail) that will be available soon. There's a whole new line of micro and not so micro plastics ready for the 2007/2008 season .
Keep your eyes open for an upcoming edition of "In Fisherman" magazine :wink:

Treerat and RatherB have been posting some great pictures over a makiplastic.com as well. These guys are definitely on top of their game and have been a great source of information when using Maki Plastics for trout. Can't thank them enough for opening many eyes the past few months !!

Been a little under the weather here with a few injuries that even Cuervo couldn't help but I'm almost back to abnormal ! :lol:

FISHER MOM
You can rig the maki plastics and fish them just as you would a redworm or salted minnow with the only difference being maybe using a smaller hook.
I use them like that but more so, I drift them under a tiny float with the plastics rigged on small jig heads as Treerat recommended. I've used anything from 1/100th oz through 1/16thoz depending on the current and water depth. For a kid, it's a more fun watching a small float slowly disappearing under the surface and it's also a very productive tactic for stream or river trout.
Use your imagination on the style and color of Maki plastic when targeting trout. So far, myself and many other trout anglers have found that the craziest colors and patterns have been working as good or better that the natural colored "match the hatch" plastics at any given time.
The steelhead are eating them with regularity around here as well !

Follow Treerats lead and you and Celeste will be "into the fish" as well !

FisherMOM
04-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks guys... is as I figured... I need to get some smaller hooks!

These baits are exciting to look at and hold.. I KNOW they will catch fish!
and when they do here on my end, I will get some pictures out!