PDA

View Full Version : Free Kids Tournament

RangerBT
04-18-2007, 05:06 PM
You are all invited to bring your youngsters to a free kids fishing derby provided by the members of the CHautauqua Lake Bassmasters. This event will be held June 2nd 9am-noon at the Celeron Park on Chautauqua Lake. This will all be shoreline fishing with free bait, goody bags, prizes for every kid participating, different age groups awarded top prizes, and free lunch provided by McDonalds. We have held this event for many, many years and have between 150-200 kids attend. Winners are determined by the total number of inches from all fish caught. We will have many officals along the shoreline to measure fish. Many sponsors provide us moneys or products including our own Grizzly Gary. Registration starts at 8am with an offical horn blasting to start the event at 9am. Hope to see your kids or relatives at this event. Randy

woodlandtrophies
04-19-2007, 01:10 PM
A wonderful event! I have taken my kids there the last 2 years & will be going again this year! Hopefully the rain passes us this time around.

I highly recommend it to all with lil ones! they have a BLAST!

Grizzly Gary
04-19-2007, 01:10 PM
This is a great day for the kids!!. Any and all with young ones should get them over to Celeron Park on this day. Tons & tons of prozes for the kids and they get the fishing bug for life.

Kudos to the Chautauqua Lake Bassmasters for doing this every year!!

Mighty Mike
04-20-2007, 10:49 AM
yup this is a good thing for the kids. hundreds of kids fishing is a great thing to see. thanks bassmasters.

mike

Grizzly Gary
04-25-2007, 10:00 PM
This is a classic way to get your young ones started fishing and it is all free! The Chautauqua Lake Bassmasters give a ton of prizes to the kids. It is also a wonderful thing the McDonalds provides breakfast for free.

Spread the word on this. All kids 15 and under are welcome.

woodlandtrophies
05-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Kick this one back up to the top! A wonderful event!! Fun for the whole family!

Grizzly Gary
05-16-2007, 10:14 AM
I would be glad to kick it to the top Woodlandtrophies!

Also a fine thing that folks like The Happy Hooker Bait & Tackle Shop in Ashville NY get involved supporting this day for the kids.

Great way to spend the morning with the kids!

AJ
05-23-2007, 10:43 AM
I will be there with my 6 year old boy Charles. It will be lots of fun.

Grizzly Gary
05-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Am sure you & your son will have a phenominal time AJ! The Chautauqua Lake BassMasters know how to show kids a fine time,

We are talking future anglers & anglerettes here. So please all take the kids for a morning of fishing fun. I guarantee that they will thank you when they are 30. :lol:

This is the type of thing that ensures the future of the sports we all love.

RangerBT
05-28-2007, 06:34 AM
Just a bump and reminder. Randy

Grizzly Gary
05-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Great bump. Great reminder.

June 2nd 9-noon at Celeron Park on Chautauqua Lake. Goody bags, Prizes for EVERY KID!!! Free yummies from Mickey D's! The event is FREE!!! FREE BAIT!!!

All you have to do is bring your 15 & under Junior Angler/Anglerette to Celeron Park for registration starting at 8:30 am and they are in.

I am honored to support this most worthy and fun event for the kids.

Mom & Dad all you have to do is get them there.

AJ
06-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Took charles had a blast but he wanted to leave after like 30 minutes lol. I'll put pics in the photo section.

Grizzly Gary
06-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Heard an awful lot of kids had a great time. Thanks to the Chautauqua Lake BassMasters for putting on such a fine day of fishing for kids.

AJ, we look forward to the pics!

woodlandtrophies
06-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Was once again a wonderful event! Sadly it got extremely HOOOT! So my lil' girl was not too happy. But then she got a wonderful new fishing pole as a prize!

I look forward to next year!!! Hopefully they bite a bit better ~.o

RangerBT
06-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Just a little update...we had 175 kids entered in this years fishing derby. Thats alot of kids. It was a great way to get fathers, mothers, grandparents ect out with their kids. It is our hope that a life long desire was developed for these adults to take kids fishing and enjoy the outdoors with them. Thanks again to Grizzly Gary for being one of our fine sponsors. Randy

woodlandtrophies
06-11-2007, 12:19 AM
@Randy - Contact me. I would LOVE to help in sponsoring this wonderful event. My family looks forward to this every year & any way I can give back I am willing. My way of saying "thanks"
:)