PDA

View Full Version : New NY walleye record??

GRIZZ
04-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Ran into a guy fishing Allegany today. He said he read a story in Watertown Daily news that the NY walleye record was broken by over a pound. Does anyone know about this and have a online story somewhere?? That paper is online subscription only.

Mighty Mike
04-20-2007, 09:46 AM
heard nothing about it. would like to know. maybe one of these computer smart people here can find it for us.

GRIZZ
04-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Well I'm supposedly one of those people and I couldn't find anything. I think I may give that watertown paper a call.

Haha, I just got off the phone with the exec editor of the Watertown Times. He said they ran a story with people telling stories from their past and the story in question was just some guys fish story from way back. So, false alarm. I suppose I should have known.

Gilligan
04-20-2007, 06:54 PM
I read on another board a poster from the Chaumaunt Ny chamber of commerce posted of a 17# 33" walleye coming from Chaumaunt Bay.

We have fished that area quite a bit and Erie walleye pale at these fish. Post spawn 11-13+# fish come quite frequently.

Grizzly Gary
04-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Glad to hear that I do not have to work harder to get into the record books this year. It is my intention to break both the NY & PA Walleye State Records this year on Kinzua!

Call your Las Vegas bookies and put your money on the Grizzly one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grizzly Gary
04-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Hope you have all called your fishing Bookies! I plan on breaking at least one NY or PA State record this year!

Can't believe there are no wise azz remarks to this statement!