PDA

View Full Version : docks at willow bay

walleyebuster jr.
04-26-2007, 09:31 PM
does anyone know if they have put the docks in at willow bay and has anybody checked the water temps lately?

Tone
04-27-2007, 03:00 AM
Don't know about Willow Bay but as of last Sat. the docks were not in at Elijah. As far as water temps I was getting 50degrees in the Elijah area and upper 40's around the bridge and main lake...............tight lines.

MR ED
04-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Melissa and I were at Willow last weekend and NO DOCKS. It looked like one of the steel posts that hold the docks was leaning quite a bit and may have to be replaced before the docks go in. Did manage to get the annual permit to launch.
Was planning another trip NEXT weekend with the boat. Hope the dock will be in.
The water level appeared to be high when we were there. A couple of boats trailers were on the lot but no boats were in sight. Some of the Christmas trees were still on the side of the roadway.

MR ED

Gilligan
04-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Seems to be the norm...most used docks in last. It was either last year or season before they didnt even have them in for walleye opener.

Bill J
04-27-2007, 09:59 PM
I will be launching from Webbs next week. Any news if those docks are in?

Thanks for the reports on Elijah and Willow

carl milks
04-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Was over to Willow today (Sunday 4-29)- still NO DOCKS. Might not be for awhile - they're gonna have to straighten the outer most pole. It's bent two differant ways-gonna take a dozer with a winch to pull it over straight. Water temp was 49 degrees.

MR ED
04-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Those posts looked pretty sturdy to me. What kind of force could have made it bend/twist like that. Does the Zoo have that many BIG trees floating around that can cause that kind of damage??
Sure hope the docks get in soon. Will probably venture out of Willow on saturday.

MR ED

carl milks
04-30-2007, 08:40 PM
They claim it's the ice. I've ice fished there for many years and they aren't bent during the season, so it must be when ice-out occurs. Maybe when the ice breaks up and the winds start moving it around, slamming into it,ect. But the problem with that theory is: the water level is drawn way down BELOW those posts during the winter. The posts are either aluminum or maybe galvanized-I never checked them with a magnet, but whatever material, they are 8" diameter pipe, so it has to take a tremendous force to bend them like that. I sure hope it's not vandalism. I can't remember the post closest to shore bending, but the outer one is almost always bent every year, and it's always bent the same way. Anyone else know anything about it?