PDA

View Full Version : SHAKESPEAR CAJUN REDLINE

walleyebuster jr.
04-26-2007, 09:35 PM
ok i have cajun red line on my baitcaster and my grampa thinks it has alot of memory i was wondering if anyone else uses it and if you do do u find that it has alot of memorty i was wondering because i want to put it on my trout rod

GRIZZ
04-26-2007, 10:21 PM
It does have a lot of memory. I've seen many reviews that complained about it. If you want a super tough, limp line try Gamma ( you can get that locally) or sufix promix from www.bubbajackstackle.com. The promix is the best bang for the buck line I've ever used. I have has a 1/4 spool for 4 yrs I am now just getting to the end of, and the line I'm getting off it now is as good as it was new, and only $12 plush shipping for over 2000 yrds. Gamma is a lot more money but its even more limp and just as tough and thn.

Grizzly Gary
04-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Never used it. I am strictly a Berkley 6 or 8 lb. test sensation in clear guy for inland waters. I also use Berkley Vanish Fluorocarbon in the 6 or 8 lb. test.

I agree that lines like Fireline & Powerpro are very very sensitive but fishing & jigging mostly Kinzua those Super Braids are more trouble that their sensitivity is worth. Lots of snags on the Zoo and those lines just do not break off like a mono line will. I hate spending 20 minutes reeling in a stump!

I can see the benefits for the Bass guys and I can understand the positives on a lake like Chautauqua with virtually no snags.

But the lines mentioned above are my overall favorites for all fishing applications for Walleyes.

Other opinions?

walleyebuster jr.
04-28-2007, 06:57 PM
thanks for the info on my questions GRIZZ im gonna check them lines out and oh ya before i forget grizzlygary i heard all you seem to catch is stumps why dont you come wiht some real fishermen and let us show you how to fish :D :D

carl milks
04-28-2007, 08:23 PM
For jigging and on my trout rod, I use Stren 6 or 8lbs test, stays pliable, no memory (like me), strong. Lines that gather a memory are a real pain, especially on a spinning reel when casting. Advice is to stay clear of known memory lines.