PDA

View Full Version : Fletchings and broadheads.

turkeylad
04-28-2007, 06:59 PM
What type of fletchings do you use. Do they fly good, what broadheads fly good with them.

turkeyman
04-28-2007, 07:05 PM
I use blazers, on carbon express maxima hunters. I shoot shuttle t-lock, broadheads, and they fly like rockets. :dark1: :reindeer:

04-30-2007, 12:08 AM
I shoot Easton Axis arrows with a 3" vane with a left helical fletch.I shoot 100 grain Thunderheads and now i'm also shooting the new Montecs from G5 8)

ratherbhuntin
06-05-2007, 07:51 PM
I shoot blazers with montecs and they shoot great.

carl milks
06-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Back in the "dark ages" I used feather fletching. They were OK til they got wet, then came plastic vanes-yeah!!! I use Easton Game Getters w/ 5" vanes and Wasp 4 blade broadheads- fly "straight as an arrow"!!! Just ask the 30+ bucks shot with this setup.

zenrider
06-15-2007, 01:10 PM
I use all white plastic. I can see them fly a lot better and can tell if I sent them off badly. I use straight fletch to help with rest clearance. I used lots of open blade broadheads, but after years of experimenting with various brands, I found tuning each arrow to each broadhead was just too expensive and time consuming. Then one little change, like replacing a single damaged fletch caused the whole setup to be retuned. I switched to Rocket Hammerheads. They fly exactly like my field tips. They punch a hole you can put your fist through in the ingoing side and if they pass through, the outgoing wound is just disgustingly huge. I may try some other mechanicals someday, but these work so well, I cannot see wasting too much more money trying to improve on perfection.