PDA

View Full Version : Walleye Opener

Bill J
04-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Well the first day is just 7 days away and I am getting pumped.

I will be launching at Webbs and head up on the reservation. I am hoping to put a 20 incher in the boat before the time Gary puts one in his boat. (check out his contest)

I will be trolling more than jigging. I will be trolling a worm harness and jigging with a 1/8oz. head with half worm. May even try a worm on a floating jig head with a Lindy walker.

Where will you be spending you first Walleye day? Which way will you fish? What will be your bait/lure choice?

If the river drops I would think they will do real well there.

RangerBT
04-29-2007, 04:33 AM
Years ago when I was big into walleye fishing, before I found out about the smallies on Lake Erie, I used to start the walleye opener right at midnight, the opening day on Chautauqua trolling rebels and rapalas in the shallows in the north end and did very, very well. Does anyone do that anymore? How about on the Zoo? DO yo fish at night for the big females? Randy

RangerBT
04-29-2007, 04:35 AM
One more thing, I was out last weekend trying to find some bass on Chautauqua and I was fishing off of Pt Chautauqua. In about 3 FOW I saw alot of male walleye crusing around, and I mean alot. They were all over the place. Just and fyi. Randy

MR ED
04-30-2007, 02:59 PM
If you are looking for smallies... now is the time on Erie from the City of Erie and EAST to the state line in shallow water. Saw some 5 to 7 pounders this past wekend. The biggest I have seen in a very long time.

As for me.. I'll take the perch, crappie, bluegills and walleye. Keep your BASS.

MR ED

Mighty Mike
05-01-2007, 11:56 AM
launching at onoville and going north. weather is supposed to be good. water level should be right at summer pool. looks like perfect conditions.

mike

John Lorenzo
05-01-2007, 12:15 PM
oh I'll probably spend the day fishing for some smallies, I just can't seem to get the urge to play with night crawlers and minnows! LOL plus they make a mess on the carpet in my bassboat!