PDA

View Full Version : First Fish......Ever!

04-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Just got back in from gettin' the canoe wet...

Took all three kids over the hill to a local pond with quiet water to acclimate my youngest, 4 year old Alexys, to a canoe ride.

She did wonderful and followed the example her brothers set per Canoe Rules as they're no stranger to Water Craft.

Took the poles and worm bucket in half hopes the fish would bite. Nuthin' but dinkish bluegills but that don't matter to a kid. Fish is fish when you're 4 and she nailed her first in classic style.

She actually out fished the boys 2 to 1, though she was chicken to take her own fish off the hook. She made up for that by grubbin' worms outta the bucket on her own accord.

Gotta love this stuff...........

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/wildswalker/P1010123.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/wildswalker/P1010125.jpg

04-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Ha! Great Pics Wilds.Yer doin it right.Those kids are in heaven.It isn't the size of the fish,its that they were catching them.She's a cutie!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

FisherMOM
04-30-2007, 09:08 AM
you only catch your first fish ever ONCE! I am so happy for you that you have it on film!

Congrats little fishergirl!!

04-30-2007, 11:05 AM
What's funny is the Boys both claim to be Mountain Boys and Woodsmen as they know they are veterans of the woods...having hunted, fished, been on camping expeditions and regularly go shootin' with me. It also helps that they actually live in the woods too......

The funny part is not that, but that Lexy claims Mountain Girl status in the same regard.....argue with her on any point of it and you'll wake a sleeping mountain lion.

Got a feeling someone will write a song about her one day..............

"A Country Girl Can Survive".....mebbe?

Laffin'.......

04-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Should add that yesterday while fishing.....

Lex, though she was a first time fishergirl and first time for her in a canoe, after the first half dozen fish were caught via her natural adaptation to the pursuit...she without hesitation took it upon herself to coach her older brothers on how to fish......

I was rollin'...................

Grizzly Gary
04-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Excellent post & excellent pics Wilds! Keep up the good work passing the outdoor joys on to the young ones. You are the man!!!

To all of you anti-WildsWalkers. Look at that second pic and tell me he is the evil many of you think he is? :lol:

Contrary to what you read into his posts he is just a BIG SOFTY! :lol: :lol: :lol:

05-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey!

Quit tryin' to "help"................

On aside, she's askin' for a gun now.

Wants her own gear.

Sucks to be me......................................

05-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Anyone note the hat switch in the above images?

There's a tickle of humor there........

Seems Middle Boy thunk his half pint sister's luck was due to her wearing Pa's huntin' hat, as that's one lucky sumB of a hat.......

The con and switch ensued betwixt the youngsters and although Middle Boy's luck dramatically improved Half Pint was so far ahead in hurtin' fish he had no way of catchin' up.

He tried to convince all parties present that by counting by tens, his six fish were actually worth a count of 60, thereby in his mind he whooped on his sister really good.

The look Half Pint turned to me in response to that was priceless.....................

NY-STR8SHOOTER
05-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Now, when people ask me if I like kids, I respond." yeah broiled in butter with a baked potato and salad with poppyseed dressing."

Still, I remember the times I took them fishing at Mendon Ponds, for walks on the trails of Harry Allen Park, and for ice cream later on at TJ's I remember..but do they?

When they think back, do they rememmber who went to their school open houses, who took her to brownie scout outings, who camped with them, and which parent volunteered to drive their friends and them to the pumpkin patch? I wonder.

Because of the divorce, their mom said, "him or me." They've grown now. She has two boys of her own. I think its still just two. The others, two boys...well one just got married and the other is still searching. I hope they are well. I hope they remember....their dad.

Cherie
05-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Excellent post & excellent pics Wilds! Keep up the good work passing the outdoor joys on to the young ones. You are the man!!!

To all of you anti-WildsWalkers. Look at that second pic and tell me he is the evil many of you think he is? :lol:

Contrary to what you read into his posts he is just a BIG SOFTY! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grizzly , I envy Wilds's kids. I was very young when my father died. I never had the chance to do the things that Wild's and his kids get to do together. Those fun years were taken from me by a drunk driver.

It's to bad that more parents weren't like Wild's cause there might not be as many children getting into trouble.

When I look at the first and second pics I see some pretty happy faces in them there pics..

As for the Anti-Wildwalker nay sayers. I wonder if they're just alittle jealous and feel somewhat inadequate as a man cause they were never the kind of father to their kids as Wilds.