PDA

View Full Version : LABOR DAY SKUNKING ON KINZUA

Grizzly Gary
09-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Mighty Mike, Wild Bill Burke, Alexander the great and I launched out on Onoville at 7:30 am today. Fished till 1 pm and caught only 1, ONLY 1 !!, 12 inch eye!! 4 guys in the boat and only 1 eye. What's up with that!!!!!

Fished Bone Run, Pierce and Stateline Bay. I EVEN TROLLED WITH HARNESSES!!!!

However we did get into a school of HUGE WhiteBass which provided excellent entertainment. All in all it was still a fine day on the water.

Grizzly Gary

FisherMOM
09-04-2006, 08:11 PM
However we did get into a school of HUGE WhiteBass which provided excellent entertainment.
Grizzly Gary

this answers my question posted on the picture! I thought they they were white bass,
but have never really seen one.

John Lorenzo
09-05-2006, 09:22 AM
should have fished for bass Gary , they were biting and also some very nice pike too!

Grizzly Gary
09-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Was glad we ran into those White Bass as they provided fun for all, especially our 14 year old fellow angler.

Trying to track down the eyes for the upcoming tournament.

Grizzly Gary

kinzukid
09-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Hey Griss..I wouldn,t mind catching some of those white bass. Can you share some of your secrets as to what to use, technique etc.. Did you see them on the surface? Thanks

Grizzly Gary
09-08-2006, 10:41 AM
kinzukid,

The White Bass become very active in September as the water starts to cool. Yes we spotted them hitting minnows on the surface at one of our hot eye spots. At the time we had jigs with crawlers and if you put that bait down about 5 feet under the boat you had them on in seconds. Great fighters and as I said lots of fun to catch them that size.

You can also throw white roostertails with a silver blade and small rapala type baits. If you find them schooled up like that they will hit just about anything. If you have a graph on your boat watch for a ton of archers down 10 ft or so and that will usually be Whities.

Hope this helped.

Grizzly Gary