PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day FIshing on the Zoo

Buck Master
09-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Grizzly Gary, Mighty Mike, WIld Bill Burke, and Alexander the Great (the Rookie Right Hander) took a trip to the Kinzua Reservoir this morning.

The eyes eluded them except for the rookie's small one, but the boys kept their spirits up with a heap of white bass!

Grizzly catches dinner:
http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/660/img0228ol0.jpg

Wild Bill Burke, Mighty Mike and the Rookie Right Hander (Alexander the Great):
http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/1111/img0229ik1.jpg

FisherMOM
09-04-2006, 07:10 PM
nice catches.. now tell me... are those white bass or white crappies?

Outdoorsman
09-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Nice job, way to imprevise when the eyes are not bittin.

Grizzly Gary
09-04-2006, 09:36 PM
We call them White Bass here. Others refer to them as Stripers as if you will notice the stripes.

Bottom line is that they are hellacious fighters and very tasty to boot!

Grizzly Gary

Bryan Hoffner
09-05-2006, 05:11 AM
Them white bass are nothing but heathens and should be burned out of that lake if possible. They are such a pain especially in the fall time. they stack up on typical walleye spots and munch everything up to where the walleys won't hit. As far as eating, if you guys like them I suggest you get fishing to get rid of the filthy things. I rate them right up there with the white perch on these other lakes.

these are my own feelings and if you haven't noticed in the past I am extreme in my conclusions. Kill the white bass!!

John Lorenzo
09-05-2006, 08:18 AM
I wondered who those guys were when I went flying by at around noon! if I would have known it was you Gary I would have stopped to stay hello, I was the guy that went by in the bassboat with a big roostertail! LOL

kinzukid
09-06-2006, 08:17 PM
I wouldn,t mind catching some of those white bass..on Kinzua you got to be happy to catch anything..Can you share your secret to catching them?

Bryan Hoffner
09-07-2006, 05:10 AM
kinzukid,
do you have a hook that you can put on the end of a line?
look for any bit of bait on the fish finder and drop the hook. Seems like you don't even need bait alot of time. Especially with this fall season coming up, find a point and you got whities ir should I say sh@@E@#R 's.

Clean them out I hate them.

Swanny
09-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Easy there Bryan not all of us are as talented as you and Cole and can put eyes in the boat on any given day. I probably wouldn't be able to get 1 particular fishing partner to go along without the hopes of catching a whitey or 2. I bet you know who I'm talking about. Anyhow just had to get a rip in on you. Thanks for giving Calvin and I a hand at the fish fry last month. Despite the rain (monsoon) I would have to say a great time was had by all. Nopper and I will be up to the camp saturday. Do you need us to bring anything?

Bryan Hoffner
09-08-2006, 05:07 AM
I know Swanny, I shouldn't be so critical about hose white bass.
If it's a fork full keep it, right?
Without them the hopes of many would fall short on the zoo.
I just hate em when you have the perfect bucket of bait(which I'm putting together for the tourny) that you've been waiting to smack eyes with and can't get the bait past them darned whities and down to old marble eyes that you know are sitting on particular spot.

Has fun at the fish fry. Except for the fact that I again found out how rough sleeping in the front of the F-250 is. Ouch, I think I still have a kink in my back. I think it would have been more comfortable sleep ing in the ditch.

Looking forward to seeing you at the camp this weekend, just bring the feed bag and a thirst.

09-08-2006, 01:07 PM
I hate those white bas@#$%^ they will use all your bait and then when the eyes turn on you are down to your last 2 minnies. But like the the ol meat hunter says it'll fit on a fork it can be filleted.

Neil Peart
09-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Funny, my dad had to clean all the fish except 1, which I cleaned. LoL