PDA

View Full Version : youth bows

turkeylad
05-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey does anybody out there know about any good youth bows with a draw wieght of about 40-50 :blob6:

darcher
05-02-2007, 10:19 PM
There are some real good youth bows out there. Being a Mathews Dealer we really like their new Ignition. Great preformer and the price is great also.Plus it is a Mathews!!

Wild Wind Rob
05-08-2007, 11:49 AM
The Diamond Edge is a great bow. It is a new youth bow with a wide range of draw length adjustment. Backed by Bowtech, Diamond also has an excellent program allowing the owner to change the limbs to make it about any draw weight you want. This combination makes for a great solution to having a bow that will grow with the shooter.

Good luck with your search for a new bow. Make sure the shooter of the bow tries out the bow before you decide on which one to buy. Try to ignore advertising hype and find a bow that is truly comfortable to shoot and performs well for the owner.

Grizzly Gary
05-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Turkeylad you just got advice from two experts in their field. I suggest you visit both shops & get a hands on demonstration of the products. Good luck to you & thanks to darcher and wildwindrob for sharing their expertise.

turkeylad
05-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks for your info guys. Does anybody know what the hoyts are like?

treerat
05-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Hoyts are good bows as well . If you are really young still growing take a look at the Browning micro midas . this bow has lots of adjustability . Definately go to a pro shop to get a bow that fits you . You will shoot alot better if your draw length is right . And dont fall the faster is better . Fast bows are much more difficult to learn good shooting form with .

Bill J
05-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Oh how I wish they would have had all the great youth bows back when I started bow hunting (in the early 60's). Back then it was a recurve for me. When the compounds came out they still did not make a good youth bow. I finally found a shop in Oil City that the owner took the time to build me a compound using wheels, pullies and cables off other bows. When all was finally completed I had my compound. The major problem was trying to get the right combination of all the parts to get my draw length down right. I went on to hunt and harvest deer with that bow almost every year until uncle arthritis took it's toll on me and I had to give up the bow.

Good luck in your search turkeylad.

Grizzly Gary
05-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Still wish I had that old recurve I started with.

Tucker Time
05-21-2007, 05:39 PM
A pro shop will have some youth bows that are used and still in good condition. Maybe you can save a couple of $ :idea: :D

eyedoktr
05-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I suggest learning to shoot on anything but a compound bow. You will become a better (IMO) shot. Once you have that mastered you will really appreciate a compound bow.

steve6526
05-27-2007, 11:27 PM
parker makes some nice youth bows and if your right on the edge of to big for a youth bow and to small for an adult bow they have a bow for women and small framed men . tall tails can set you up right they took the time with both my kids .but like stated above there are a lot of good bows out there so look around .

phlstr119
05-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Parker, I bought my Parker (Hunter Mag) and my son's Parker Bow on the same day at Tall Tales in Russell. pa. These bows are now 4 years old and are in perfect condition. My son's bow only went to a max weight of 50lbs and was much smaller and thinner than my bow. He was 12 at the time and I was able to adjust the bow down to 40lbs and now he is 16 and he is at the max weight. He might outgrow this bow in a few more years, but for the money this bow is identical in features to my bow. Brandon has taken 3 deer with this bow and frankly he is a better shot than I am. It is not cheap to set up your children with good equipment, but it will cost you more in the long run if you don't. Get'em in the woods! Phil :P

turkeylad
06-12-2007, 05:20 PM
phlstr119, what kind of parker is your sons? My first bow was a brave panda, then when that got to small after three years i got a brave golden eagle. I had that bow for probably two years before it got to small. Then for Christmas when I was eight my dad got me a parker jr. mag. When I was eleven my dad got me a new bow because mine was to small. He got me a parker challenger II. I shot one doe down in west virginia when I was eleven with my challenger, and I hit a spike this year with it, but didn't get it.

Mighty Mike
06-13-2007, 02:00 PM
try calling pine grove archery in russell. they carry matthews and they have a nice introductory bow i think is called the matthews mission series. they are priced right.

mike