PDA

View Full Version : Bow Huntin'.....................is Cool.

05-22-2007, 09:00 AM

05-22-2007, 09:03 AM

05-22-2007, 09:04 AM

05-22-2007, 09:07 AM

carl milks
05-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Nice memerobilia Wilds. Reminds me of years ago, my buddy & I used to hunt woodchucks all summer long with our bows to get tuned up for archery, then after we'd score on deer, we'd go out and shoot (at) squirrels too!!! We used broadheads for the chucks, and field points or judo's for the treerats. That was a blast!!! Hav'nt done it for a long time now. Thanx for refreshing my memry(s)!!!!

05-24-2007, 08:52 AM

05-24-2007, 09:13 AM

turkeylad
05-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah bow huntin is awesome. It's one of my two favorite types of hunting. Spring Gobbler huntin and bow huntin, I can not decide which one is better. Some of them pictures look like me. i've been shootin a bow since I was three. My first bow was a small red Bear panda. I shot small fiberglass arrows. Yeah last year after my dad got home from work i begged him to take me over to my uncles house with my bow to shoot at groundhogs. I hit the back of one but didn't get him. I used my dads old broadheads.

05-27-2007, 10:54 PM

steve6526
05-28-2007, 10:32 PM
nice pics nothing better than setting down some times and going through old pics good memories .

Grizzly Gary
05-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Bow hunting is the coolest of cool. The combo of a beautiful time of year. The smell of fall. Listening to the squirrels & chipmunks bark. Few people in the woods. Hearing the rustle of leaves signaling an approaching deer. The challenge of getting that deer close enough to shoot. I love bow hunting!!!

05-29-2007, 07:49 PM

Outdoorsman
05-29-2007, 10:49 PM
It drives me friggin' nuts......

It's Cool, but it's for the insane only...............................

Amen on that. Its pure at its best but, can drive ya nuts !

treerat
05-30-2007, 09:34 AM
insanity at its best .

Grizzly Gary
05-31-2007, 10:50 PM
So what we are saying is that we are all NUTS :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Boom Boom aint it great to be crazy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

06-01-2007, 01:05 AM
Bow hunting deer,bear,mulies and elk has driven me almost insane a time or two.Just when you think all is goin great,they just walk off never knowing what they did while you're in your tree having a meltdown!!! Don't get any better!!! :lol: :lol:

Mighty Mike
06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
bow hunting is the most relaxing kind of hunting. it is the best time of year to be in the woods.

mike

FisherMOM
06-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Great pictures Wilds and awesome story about "the Yankee Bow hunter!!"

Tucker Time
07-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Awesome pictures wildswalker, I think that my bow has brought out the biggest emotions in me. Laughed out loud when I emptied my quiver on the first doe I seen with my bow. Couldn't have bean happier when I shot my first buck with a bow. I was real mad when I thought I was clear from any other hunters, only for some azz to come in at day break and climb a tree 35 yards away on opining day. Relieved when I yelled I will shoot deer under your tree. This never happened because he set up on the deer trail I was hunting. I was going insane trying to get a shot at a 10 point playing head games with me. I cried like a baby in my tree stand when I got a fifteen yard shot at him, only to hit my sleeve and shoot over his back. I will not trade this for anything. I love what I do and do what I love.

wildswalker, still shooting a High Country? I have a HC four runner ext. I was going to update this year but my budget will be for my daughter who turns 12 on Jan. 3. She will be spring turkey hunting with me next year and I can't wait. I also finished third at Wild Wind Sporters with it so it can't be to off.

Can't wait for the bear hunt!

07-01-2007, 11:02 AM
wildswalker, still shooting a High Country?

Nope....

Got tired of twistin' cables to keep those Hatchet Cams in tune. Prolly would have been okay if I hadn't been shooting so much. Seemed every week and a half I had to stick it in my bow press and make an adjustment.

Bought a Mathews Ultra Max, the last year that model was made IIRC, been happy ever since.........

Tucker Time
07-02-2007, 08:40 AM
YA, I do spend a lot of time with mine to keep it in tune. I have a press also, comes in handy on the acount I like to shoot a lot myself. I will try to get a new bow next year. This will not be easy, their are a lot of good bows out their.