PDA

View Full Version : archery season

gonepostal
01-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Not for nothin' but I'd love to see archery season for deer open up even sooner if it could
-gonepostal

Grizzly Gary
01-19-2006, 10:12 PM
gonepostal,

How early is early? Are you in NY or PA? What dates would you recommend?
It is my opinion that archery is a non-invasive hunt. What I mean by that is that it does not take deer out of their normal regimine like gun seasons do.

Archery is the ultimate man vs. beast sport. You must be up-close and personal to harvest a deer with a bow. You must spend time scouting bedding areas , feeding areas and the trails taken by deer to get there. Which is just as much fun as the hunt itself. Please expound on what you are thinking.

Welcome to Grissly Garys' forums page! If you decide to go postal here please just keep it clean! :lol:

Grissly Gary

rattrapper
01-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Being that I have insider information, you don't have to worry about gone postal. Gary, he's only certified half whacked. But, he is a hard core bow hunter and can eat a pile of beaver sticks. rattrapper

Buck Master
01-22-2006, 11:43 PM
I would like to see archery go right up to the the beginning of Rifle Season.

darcher
08-22-2006, 08:11 AM
I would like to see the PA season start a week later, then go a week longer in Nov.

Grizzly Gary
08-23-2006, 04:02 PM
I agree darcher. A week later gives you an extra week of rut huntin. I love it when the bucks are acting all goofy!

Grizzly Gary

treestandtimmy
08-29-2006, 05:04 PM
I think NY starts 2 weeks too early too, the leaves aren't off the trees, and the rut isn't even close. I usually don't even go to the stand until after holloween. It's all about the action of the rut that get's me going! seeing the deer travel alternate routes and just acting crazy over a little doe action!

Outdoorsman
08-29-2006, 06:20 PM
I agree Timmy. I usually go out early just to see whats in my area. The woods come to life in the rut. Bucks can be just off the wall when they are looking a fine young lady to court.

08-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Personally, I wish the Time Change...weren't in the middle of the Ruckus................

Outdoorsman
08-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Personally, I wish the Time Change...weren't in the middle of the Ruckus................

Amen, I have felt that way forever.

gonepostal
03-10-2008, 03:31 PM
I am in NY. I would reccomend October 1st all the way up to the week of Thanksgiving. If it overlaps with gun season, so b it. we r all in this together.

As far as the beaver stix go, the ratrapper can keep em coming

Tucker Time
03-10-2008, 04:30 PM
If you really like to hunt fallow the rut south. Start in NY and end in Texas. It's about a solid month of madness out there.

When NY is over I usually take a trip south and do it all over again. :D

coalbedbuck
03-10-2008, 09:33 PM
I agree with run season a week later. more rut action. Early food sources are good, but warm temperatures can kill the first week or two of PA season. Way more action in the rut!!! Daylight Savings sucks, get rid of it and while they are at it they oughta let us hunt on Sundays.

we3jeepers
03-11-2008, 09:49 AM

ICDUCKS
03-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Id like to see an early sept season in NY !Id like to be able to shoot a nice buck in velvet.

gonepostal
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Has anyone ever had a tree stand stolen? It really sucks when you go to the woods, early in the morning, ready to get a good deer and your tree-stand is stolen. I get so mad. DO YOU...

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

03-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah i have and its not the first time. :roll: I can't believe that i have had to put a cable or chain around it to keep it from wandering off :twisted: .Hard to believe that we still have pieces of chit that would do that.bad enough we have to deal with the anti hunters let alone some local idiot makin it worse. :evil:

gonepostal
04-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Mad Dog or any other bow hunter,

Even though I really enjoy bow hunting with a bow I have nothing against other hunters wanting to use a cross bow due to a pyshical handicap. I have a couple of older friends that would love to hunt deer with a bow, but they aren't able to draw a bow back even with it set at 40 to 45 pounds. I know the bow hunters of NY organiziation are against cross bows, but I am not one of them... as far as I'm concerned we're all in this together whether it be with a gun, bow (ect.) as long as you're sure of your weapon and hunt safely. Does anybody else feel the same way that I do :?:

Specifically to Mad Dog,

Do you have any suggestions on how NOT to get ur tree stand stolen? Like any special padlocks and cut proof cables...

JEREMIAH JOHNSON
04-28-2008, 06:36 PM
I would love to hunt with a crossbow, but were having a hard enough time just trying to get rifle hunting passed.