PDA

View Full Version : State bowhunting orgs

treerat
06-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Who here belongs to their state bowhunting orgs .Ny bowhunter inc or United bowhuntersof pa . Ohiobowhunters association
http://www.newyorkbowhunters.com/
http://www.ubofpa.org/
http://www.ohiobowhunters.com/
I belong to the Ubp . I believe if you bow hunt you should become a member of the state org . .Theese orgs fight for your bow hunting seasons and such . Take the time to look at their websites to see what they do for you as a bowhunter .

darcher
06-14-2007, 07:52 PM
I noticed that people are not jumping all over this one. I do belong to the UBP and have for years, also a couple of national organizations. Well less than 10% of bowhunters belong to an organization such as these let alone any of the local sportsmans clubs. It is for sure that apathy in the ranks will doom our sport. Everyone wants to keep our rights but few want to do the work that it will take to keep them. What a shame. You fathers out there, step up and help protect our heritage for "YOUR" children

Grizzly Gary
06-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Good posts Treerat & darcher. I promise to join these groups. You are both right on as to the fact that all must support those that are working hard & supporting our outdoors sports.

We must all get involved or we will lose the things we so enjoy.

The battle cry must be heard now! We have arrived at the "End Game!"

If you are in, you must do all you can to support each & every pro hunting event, club, orginazation you can find.

We stand together OR we die alone. The decision is yours.

phlstr119
06-20-2007, 11:43 AM
We should all belong at let our voice be heard. It is somtimes hard to find the right group. Personally I nearly joined a NYS Bowhunting organization, but changed my mind when they bashed on cross bow hunting. Hunting is Hunting and all of the organzations somtimes need to feel like their cause is the most important, When in reality it's all about Hunting & Fishing and spending as much time enjoying it with your family and friends. :)

darcher
06-20-2007, 01:27 PM
This is a case of don't throw out the baby with the bath water. You won't agree with all they do, but, you can let them know where you stand on an issue. Join up then you do have a voice in a stance of an org. Maybe you will be the difference in the whole org. Be a voice for what is right people!!!!!!!!!! Of course that last statement is not meant just for you :lol: :lol: :lol:

treerat
06-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Ubp has a campout /shoot every year near Troutrun Pa . Its a great place to meet and talk to the membership and officers . And oh yea lots of fine food and drink .

treerat
07-22-2007, 12:26 PM
just putting this back up to the top .

Grizzly Gary
07-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Checked out the Pa. group the other night. Lots of good info there. Looks like a fine group supporting Archers & Archery.

treerat
09-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Good posts Treerat & darcher. I promise to join these groups. You are both right on as to the fact that all must support those that are working hard & supporting our outdoors sports.

We must all get involved or we will lose the things we so enjoy.

The battle cry must be heard now! We have arrived at the "End Game!"

If you are in, you must do all you can to support each & every pro hunting event, club, orginazation you can find.

We stand together OR we die alone. The decision is yours.
You join yet? Ubp will be at the Ibo shoot .Stop by and sign up . time to get some more members from your Area .

PassThruArchery
09-11-2007, 07:28 AM
I'm glad that this one was brought back up to the top....

I am a member of the UBP. All be it, not a very active one. I am also a (very) active member of two local Fish and Game Associations. I have helped with Hunter's Safety Courses, 3-D and Block Shoots.

I can't say enough about all the good things that these groups do. It's ok for me to be an inactive member of the UPB, because at least I know that I am with a group that is constantly fighting for me and what I love to do. As the kids get a little older I should be able to get into this all a little more and then I will have a chance to help those who have been helping me over the years!!

treerat
09-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Pass thru. You need to try to get up to the campout next summer . Your kids would love it . Thanks for helping out with the hunter education program .

treerat
09-17-2007, 09:54 AM
eight new members from this past weekend IBO shoot . Thanks for inviting us to the show Darcher . Also thanks go out to John Bevivino ,Art Keefer and Ratherbhuntin for helping with the booth . :D

zoar
09-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Over half of Ohio's archery hunters use a crossbow, but the Ohio Bowhunter assoc. will not support them.