PDA

View Full Version : I must be thinking about it

FisherMOM
06-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Had a dream last night that I was learning to shoot a bow.
I have wanted to for a while.. but just have too much on my plate already.
Of course, once I learn to shoot.. then I'd have to kill something.....

This is where I think a problem might arise...........

Action
06-24-2007, 12:38 AM
I can't believe that you used a Martin Luther King speech to fill in your archery post for the contest. Is there no humility here ? :P :lol:

darcher
06-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Mom, you don't have to kill anything to enjoy archery. Many that shoot archery just love to shoot the bow and arrow.It is a great sport weather you hunt or not.I shoot thousands of arrows each year in the hope for one or two shots during archery season. The pratice is the fun part, 3-D shoots at life-like targets in natural settings, great way to spend time, meeting people of like mind and interest. Enough said, give it a try. By the way, at the Sept 14-16 IBO Bowhunters Shoot at Warren County Fairgrounds in Pittsfield, PA. you will have opportunity to shoot even without any equippment. We will have bows and arrows for new shooters to give it a try, with some instruction. Good opportunity !!!!!!

Action
06-24-2007, 12:24 PM
I remember when my sister in law was training to be on the 1980 womens olympic archery team but they didn't open up a spot for the women that year so it wasn't to be. She would never shoot an animal either but she loves the sport anyhow.

FisherMOM
06-24-2007, 12:32 PM
This association that I joined this year "Godrey's Pond" has an archery course.. sounds cool. I see what you mean, no need to kill.. hmmm... sounds like fun.

FisherMOM
06-24-2007, 12:33 PM
oh, and Jim.. ya gotta do what ya gotta do! LOL!

Mighty Mike
06-25-2007, 11:59 AM
true you dont have to hunt to enjoy the bow. target shooting is a blast. once you sit in a treestand and get your first deer you would be hooked. do you like venison?

mike

FisherMOM
06-25-2007, 01:48 PM
well Mike, the only way that I have had venison that I liked, was in meatloaf. I didnt grow up in a hunting kind of family.

phlstr119
06-25-2007, 02:45 PM
I bet you would love it if you put a couple of pounds of finley cubed speed beef in the crock pot with 2 beef cubes and slow cook that with some little salt spuds, carrots, corn and a few small slivers of a sweet onion for about 5 hours. Just a touch of salt, pepper and garlic, Mother Nature will do most of the work here. Try making the liquid into a gravy and poor the whole mess over a couple of golden brown butter milk biscuits. I personally love to wash it down with a cold glass of Milk, all while setting on my deck looking at the fall colors and smell the cool crisp autumn breeze.

If that won't get you in the mood to harvest a deer with the bow, then nothing will. Hope you follow through and get hooked on archery beacause truthfully it's about all of the moments in the woods that your missing. The kill itself has very little to do with archery hunting, although at some point and time it will be a reality. Best of Luck, Phil

Summers
06-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Fishermom, sounds like you should follow your dreams...

Bwanna Jim
06-29-2007, 12:33 PM
By all means FisherMom you do not need to hunt. Many people shoot for recreation.Archery,Trap,Skeet,Pistol,Rifle,and so on. Never even thinking about taking game. It is a bad stereotype that just because one shoots people automaticaly think they hunt. Just like everyone who owns guns is bad :cry:

woodlandtrophies
07-01-2007, 03:29 AM
You get yourself a bow & I will drag you to all the local 3D courses & I PROMISE you.. you'll have a blast!
When I first started archery, it was for the fun of it. I didn't think I would be able to actually kill a deer with it, but nowadays, I cannot wait for archery season to open up!

Give it a shot, you'll love it!