PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service from Pure Fishing

firemedic3314
09-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Hey folks...just wanted to relay this situation i went thru the last few weeks. Pure Fishing INC. consists of Berkely, Mitchell, AbuGarcia, Fenwick, Stren, 7Strand, Johnson, Spider to name a few. I bought 3 Mitchell spinning combos at Walmart last month...used em trolling on Lake Erie....2 out of the 3 combos the Mitchell reel stripped its gears...1 of the rods the rod seat broke....

I was ****ed off...I wrote to the company they gave the standard song and dance about ship it to them they will examine them and possibly repair or replace them..AT MY COST. I called the VP in charge of Customer Service...explained the sitrep to him.....Let me tell you folks...that person knows how to treat a customer....he sent me 3 top of the line Avocet 4000 gold reels, 3 Berkeley Cherrywood classic 8' rods...at no charge to replace the broken stuff. All he wants in return...which he sent the shipping labels...is the 3 reels back so they can see why they broke. I can keep the 3 original rods. I spent 75 bucks at Walmart for the original 3 combos.....he sent me 3 matched rods and reels....50 bucks for each reel...another 45 for each rod...now thats service .

Moral is...dont just roll over when something isnt meeting your satisfaction...sometimes it pays to get mad and contact a company.

Outdoorsman
09-12-2006, 08:50 PM
I have the same reel I got this year and it screams like it has never been lubed. PM me who he is please.

Grizzly Gary
09-12-2006, 09:26 PM
The squeaky reel always gets the oil! Thanks for the info Firemedic3314 !

Grizzly Gary

FisherMOM
09-13-2006, 07:23 AM
awesome!!!!!!

I think that the guy, Mickey, that runs catcherman.com, works for PureFishing.

Glad to hear that they came through for you Fire!