PDA

View Full Version : lighted arrow nocks

treerat
09-13-2006, 12:05 PM
I have looked at theese things But WOW $10 . I found a link to make your own .I am going to try it
http://hagshouse.ipbhost.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11825
If I can find the lighted bobbers

09-15-2006, 11:23 AM
lited arrows.what will they think of next. tried your link and nothing comes up but some registration thing

Grizzly Gary
09-15-2006, 11:43 PM
Treerat,

It is true that when you go to the link it comes up that there is an error and is asking about passwords and the like.

Lighted arrow nocks are certainly something I would like to read about. Those camo arrows are tough to find when one misses the shot. Not that I have evr missed! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

treerat
09-16-2006, 07:03 PM
www.hagshouse.com
Gary you probably have to register first . Its a sticky on their archery page . Basically they are using the battery and LED from a thill lighted bobber . And rigging it up to come on @ the shot . If I can find some of those lights Iwill make one and do a step by step for this site .

Grizzly Gary
09-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks Treerat! Archers have been trying to come up with ideas to eliminate the possibility of losing a deer for quite a while. The lited nock idea is another good possibility. I look forward to your research results.

Grizzly Gary

09-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Not to be a smart azz here........(grins)

But....much can be said for a fast pass through at a steep angle through the engine room with a goodly sharp set of blades............

Lottsa blood at impact and they'll pile up within eyeshot with small worries over recovery of animal or arrow, done that a time or two less the gimmics.............................

treestandtimmy
09-20-2006, 11:44 AM
I'm with ya winds! Another thing to recovery is knowing where your hunting, and deer travel patterns. If I have a bad hit on a deer from any of my stands, I could give you only 2 or three routes that deer would take on his way to laying down to die. If you don't know the land you should be with someone who does or not be there at all.
And by the way most of my arrows are worthless after impact anyway, so I could care less if I save one, I'm just worried about game recovery.