PDA

View Full Version : Willow Bay

Shellback
09-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Got a few questions on Willow Bay camping and fishing. I'm planning on arriving midday this Saturday. I don't have any reservations, and was wondering if the tournament might have any influence on loading the campsites up?
How about the location of the famous New Corydon Hotel in relation to Willow Bay? Also any help regarding the whereabouts of grocery stores, tackle shop, or other good restaurants sure would be helpful. If I showed up at the tournament weighin on Sunday, what's the chances of getting a few hot fishing tips? Thanks, Ron

Gilligan
09-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Got a few questions on Willow Bay camping and fishing. I'm planning on arriving midday this Saturday. I don't have any reservations, and was wondering if the tournament might have any influence on loading the campsites up?
How about the location of the famous New Corydon Hotel in relation to Willow Bay? Also any help regarding the whereabouts of grocery stores, tackle shop, or other good restaurants sure would be helpful. If I showed up at the tournament weighin on Sunday, what's the chances of getting a few hot fishing tips? Thanks, Ron

Hi Shellback...welcome to Grizzly Gary's!

I dont think that you will have many people using the camping site.

The Corydon Hotel is about 2 or so miles back toward Bradford from the entrance to Willow Bay and on same side of the road, cant miss it.

Back just a bit further toward Bradford like another 2 miles is the Willows Restaraunt. Also on the same side of the road. Great food and ran by local walleye ledgend Doug Yohe!

Along thru this stretch are 2 tackle shops. (yes same side of the road!) Hook, line and sinker and Slavens. Cant tell you much about H L S as I've usually gone to Slavens.

Be sure to introduce yourself to Doug as well as the Rich and Famous Gary Wert, I'm sure they will send you to a few hot spots!

Shellback
09-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks Gilligan, Last time I was there, I came in thru Bradford, so I must have passed them. I'll be sure to look out for then on the way in.

Grizzly Gary
09-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Shellback,

Gilligan gave you excellent advice. The folks at the Corydon or the Willows not only serve fine food and senior soda pops but they will share fishing info with no problem.

Slavens is about 1/2 a mile from Willow Bay. Turn right out of Willow Bay and you will see all places recommended here with no problem. The Willows is another approx. 3 miles down the road on the right.

By all means come over to the Onoville Marina for the weigh-in on Sunday at 3 pm. We will all gladly share our info with you so that your stay is a fruitful one. Looking forward to meeting you and the wife!

Grizzly Gary

Shellback
09-15-2006, 04:50 AM
Thanks Guys, I've got one a couple more questions about fishing Erie that I'll make another post for.

Grizzly Gary
09-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Ask away Shellback, that's what were here for. Just don't ask the eyedoktr any Bass questions cause he drives John Lorenzo nuts everytime! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

Action
09-15-2006, 05:35 PM
The last time I was at the New Corydon I had a strip steak and my wife had scampi and both were excellent.

Grizzly Gary
09-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Strip Steak, Scampi and a whole buch of Senior Sodas if I remember right! Sitting up till 4 am every night waiting for the bears to come to the Corydons dumpster! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

Action
09-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Strip Steak, Scampi and a whole buch of Senior Sodas if I remember right! Sitting up till 4 am every night waiting for the bears to come to the Corydons dumpster! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

Those were the days. I can't wait to relive them as soon as possible. I wanted to make a fall trip to do some river fishing but my work has me overloaded through Christmas. :evil: I will be there for the DAV this spring but I'll probably be canoeing the local rivers unless I win another Gary Trip. I have a hard time enjoying lake fishing or walleye fishing but I'll still spend my money at the DAV events. That's a great thing.

Grizzly Gary
09-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Action, you might want to visit Keith Eshbaughs web site www.fishingwithkeith.com he is giving away an entry to the KAWA tournament at his seminars. Click the seminars page. One is in Ohio so you could probably get in. He is a Master Angler and a good guy to boot( don't tell him I said that, I am his idol and it will go to his head! :lol: ) I will also be giving away another KAWA DAV trip for the spring Grizzly Gary Contest. You will now have multiple chances to win!

We are still a go for the Pittsburgh trip! Will keep you posted.

Grizzly Gary

Linda O
09-28-2006, 11:04 AM
On another note, Action how is Tom T. Hall sounding? Do we need some new burnning of the old favorites.
Linda O

Action
09-28-2006, 06:09 PM
On another note, Action how is Tom T. Hall sounding? Do we need some new burnning of the old favorites.
Linda O

It sounds great, we've about got him wore out though.

Grizzly Gary
09-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey Shellback! Have been wondering how your trip to Kinzua Country went?

Action, talked to Jason Giordano yesterday and he is looking forward to you and the wifes next visit. He said and I agreed it looks to me that you were the perfect one to have won that trip. Amazing how fate works. You and the wife made quite an impression on those WillowCreekers.

Grizzly Gary

Shellback
10-01-2006, 07:20 AM
Hey Shellback! Have been wondering how your trip to Kinzua Country went?
Hello Grizzly, Unfortunately we didn't have much luck fishing, but did enjoy the beautiful lake. Like they say though, a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. I was undecided on what boat to bring, my 18' Wellcraft with the 115, or my 15' Jon with the 9.9. I went with the Wellcraft, but with no trolling motor, it wasn't a good choice. Just picked up a project boat to replace the Jon boat and it should be just the ticket for waters like Kinzua. Looking forward to spring and maybe another trip out there. Thanks for everyone who shared info. Ron

Action, talked to Jason Giordano yesterday and he is looking forward to you and the wifes next visit. He said and I agreed it looks to me that you were the perfect one to have won that trip. Amazing how fate works. You and the wife made quite an impression on those WillowCreekers.

Grizzly Gary

Action
10-01-2006, 07:33 AM
We love Willow Creek, it's like our area that we live + Bears. They call us flatlanders :lol: so I took this picture on the way home from work. :wink:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6852/flatlanderszb0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I can't wait to go back up there, the last time I was there my back went out and I was crippled for 3 weeks, now that's a good time. :twisted:

Jason Giordano
11-14-2006, 08:18 PM
My brain hasn't been right since they left!!!!

Action
11-16-2006, 10:37 PM
My brain hasn't been right since they left!!!!

Hey Brother, don't put that jacket on me, you wasn't right before we got there. :P

Grizzly Gary
11-17-2006, 07:13 AM
Seems to me you are both a little off center!

Willow Bay and Willowcreekers, great combination!

Grizzly Gary