View Full Version : Alpine Bows

08-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Anyone know anything about Alpine bows ... in particular the Silverado Saber?

08-15-2007, 01:28 PM
here's a link to a review on this bow...

08-15-2007, 01:47 PM
I guess that says all I need to hear ... got a good deal on one and Ithink the PSE needs to find a new home :)

Any one got suggestions on a release?

08-15-2007, 02:14 PM
tru-ball, the only way to go. I have the Stinger and love it....very smooth.

08-15-2007, 08:23 PM
I have three TRU Ball releases for sale. These are all brand new. They were donated by them to The Christian Bowhunters as a help to raise funds for the ministry. I will get you models and price in the morning :wink:

08-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Fingers, they're the built in release.

I never give anybody any advice on archery equipment. So many products and styles that whatever I find that works for me others can't stand. As long as it let's you shoot well use it.

I do promote the efficent use of finger shooting though. The release is easily forgotten (at least be me anyway) and fingers have saved the day more than once for me.

08-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Talk to me about rifles or pistol shooting and we cna have a conversation ... when it comes to archery,while I can hitthe target pretty well I do not have the passion for it that some do. Is is a tool to get me in the woods earlier and longer :)

So any advise is well taken, thanks :)

As for finger release .... I have never had much luck in that, though it is clearly through ignorance on my part, I am sure of that.

I always have my fingers with ... have had to look for my release that I dropped once though and that was real irritating at 4:30AM :)

Tucker Time
08-16-2007, 08:37 AM
I agree that you need to find what works for you. I keep an extra release in my bag incase #1 it gets left behind. Everbody has thier own hipe about bows but if you spend the time with a stick and string you will be a good shot. Good luck hunting!

Tucker Time

I do like a tru ball release, but thats what I like.

08-16-2007, 12:27 PM
I put what I have on the for sale page. I do have lots of other archery related items to sell. Maybe I'll get the time to list some of them.

Also The North Warren Sale Days are this weekend. I will have some archery items out and a Ruger #3 in 223 cal. with a Weaver K6 on top. Lots of other items as well.

406 S State St. Sat. only. I will be, of course, at the fairgroungs working in the morning but will be back early afternoon. Wife will control things before that. Stop by!!