PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Bows

hawkeye
08-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Anyone know anything about Alpine bows ... in particular the Silverado Saber?

hawkeye

hunterdeneugene
08-15-2007, 01:28 PM
here's a link to a review on this bow...

http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/publish/Jason_Balazs_Bow_Reviews_2007/2007_Bow_Review_-_Alpine_Silverado.shtml

hawkeye
08-15-2007, 01:47 PM
I guess that says all I need to hear ... got a good deal on one and Ithink the PSE needs to find a new home :)

Any one got suggestions on a release?

hawkeye

hunterdeneugene
08-15-2007, 02:14 PM
tru-ball, the only way to go. I have the Stinger and love it....very smooth.

http://www.truball.com/

darcher
08-15-2007, 08:23 PM
I have three TRU Ball releases for sale. These are all brand new. They were donated by them to The Christian Bowhunters as a help to raise funds for the ministry. I will get you models and price in the morning :wink:

buzzbait1965
08-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Fingers, they're the built in release.

I never give anybody any advice on archery equipment. So many products and styles that whatever I find that works for me others can't stand. As long as it let's you shoot well use it.

I do promote the efficent use of finger shooting though. The release is easily forgotten (at least be me anyway) and fingers have saved the day more than once for me.

hawkeye
08-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Talk to me about rifles or pistol shooting and we cna have a conversation ... when it comes to archery,while I can hitthe target pretty well I do not have the passion for it that some do. Is is a tool to get me in the woods earlier and longer :)

So any advise is well taken, thanks :)

As for finger release .... I have never had much luck in that, though it is clearly through ignorance on my part, I am sure of that.

I always have my fingers with ... have had to look for my release that I dropped once though and that was real irritating at 4:30AM :)

hawkeye

Tucker Time
08-16-2007, 08:37 AM
I agree that you need to find what works for you. I keep an extra release in my bag incase #1 it gets left behind. Everbody has thier own hipe about bows but if you spend the time with a stick and string you will be a good shot. Good luck hunting!

Tucker Time

I do like a tru ball release, but thats what I like.

darcher
08-16-2007, 12:27 PM
I put what I have on the for sale page. I do have lots of other archery related items to sell. Maybe I'll get the time to list some of them.

Also The North Warren Sale Days are this weekend. I will have some archery items out and a Ruger #3 in 223 cal. with a Weaver K6 on top. Lots of other items as well.

406 S State St. Sat. only. I will be, of course, at the fairgroungs working in the morning but will be back early afternoon. Wife will control things before that. Stop by!!