PDA

View Full Version : Great New Job

PassThruArchery
08-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Well, I think I lucked out again. I used to work at Gander Mt. when they first opened here in Harrisburg, but I had to quit because of a new baby in the house. Well, I have been missing working in the industry and woking on bows and talking to great folsk about hunting all the time.

Good news is that I don't have to miss it anymore. I start tomorrow at Bowhunter's Superstore in Wellsville PA. This shop is great and i have getting stuff from here for years (they used to be under a different name). The other day I was in and talking to the tech about wanting to get back into a shop, and he called the Sales Manager over and we started talking. Well, after about 10 minutes, the guy was like, "so when can you start, because we are swamped". I'll be working there 3 days a week (just part time) but man, am I ever looking forward to it.

treestandtimmy
08-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Congrats buddy, sounds like a great opportunity for ya!
\:D/

JEREMIAH JOHNSON
08-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Sounds like a dream job for ya, congrats!!! :D

Mighty Mike
08-24-2007, 12:38 PM
good for you. nothing like loving what you do for a living. you are a lucky man. best of luck at the new job.

mike

Grizzly Gary
08-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Congratulations PassThruArchery! I hope it goes well for you. As stated above there aint nuthin better than having a job you get paid for that you love!

Tucker Time
08-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Glad to see you are getting back into something you love! I left the factory and never looked back. Dreams can come true. :wink:

JEREMIAH JOHNSON
08-25-2007, 06:44 PM
I can't stand factory work, where I live the factories basically own you and treat you like dirt. Glad i'm not in that type of atmosphere anymore, but i'm still looking to find something better then the place i'm at. :wink:

Tucker Time
08-26-2007, 08:52 AM
One other thing about factories. One day you have a Job the next day the doors are locked. I see people laid off all the time and factories close. Nothing is ever secure, other than your expierence that may help you get you a new job.

JJ don't stop looking. What ever you want to do is out there. Hard work determination and believe in yourself. It can happen. All the fun stuff can take a little more work or everybody would be doing it!!! :wink:

JEREMIAH JOHNSON
08-26-2007, 09:27 AM
One other thing about factories. One day you have a Job the next day the doors are locked. I see people laid off all the time and factories close. Nothing is ever secure, other than your expierence that may help you get you a new job.

JJ don't stop looking. What ever you want to do is out there. Hard work determination and believe in yourself. It can happen. All the fun stuff can take a little more work or everybody would be doing it!!! :wink: Thanks Tucker Time, it's always good to hear some words of encouragement. :D I know someday i'll find what i'm looking for, I won't settle for less. :wink:

Tucker Time
08-26-2007, 10:39 AM
That's a great way to think JJ. :D :D :D