PDA

View Full Version : ESOX ANGLER & "THE NEXT BITE" TV AT CHAUTAUQUA

Grizzly Gary
09-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Several months ago I was sworn to secrecy by Chris Depaolo ( Esox Angler Magazine writer) and Jim Ott ( The Muskie Otter) that Pete Mayna and the crew from "The Next Bite" tv show would be coming to Chautauqua Lake in September to shoot a Muskie fishing show.

This past weekend Pete Mayna, Chris DePaolo and Mike Sperry ( Chautauqua Co. Muskie Hunters) spent 3 days chasing Lunges on Chautauqua. An amazing 16 Lunges were brought to the boat! The largest being a whopping 45 inches!!! 6 or 8 were in the 42 inch range and all were over 30 inches. These guys said that this was the largest number of Lunges they have caught in one place since they started the show.

These shows will air to millions of people later this year and into next year. This filming will be seen on The Outdoors Channel, Outdoor Life Network and the Mens Station! THAT IS HUGE FOR THIS AREA!!! All of these millions of viewers will experience what we here are blessed with everday.

I think this might just bring us a couple of tourists, ya think! :lol:

Mike Sperry will be my guest either this Sunday or next to tell us all about it and discuss fall Lunge tactics. Thanks to the guys from "The Next Bite" and "Esox Angler" magazine for showcasing Chautauqua Lake to the WORLD!

I urge you all to buy their fantastic magazine and tune in when the show airs. I will provide you with air times and dates when they become available.

Grizzly Gary

09-19-2006, 03:06 PM
That is way cool . Should be a boon to the local economy. Chautauqua is a perfect place for those who love to fish and hunt. How did they catch those muskies?

Albert from Jtown

FisherMOM
09-19-2006, 06:37 PM
wow! that's exciting news for your area!!!! I hope to get to see the show!

Buck Master
09-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Excellent News!

I'm glad to see that Chautauqua will get extra exposure. 16 Lunges :!: :cheers:

Looking forward to the show.

treestandtimmy
09-20-2006, 12:06 PM
It's about time someone let's the country know what kind of Musky haven we have here in our lake! It could only stay a secret for so long.
Hey Grizz, someone should contact those guys and tell them to come back in the winter and do a follow up ice fishing show.

Grizzly Gary
09-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Certainly this is an excellent opportunity to showcase our area to the world. I am so glad those guys did well. Let's hope it leads to something even bigger in the future.

Grizzly Gary

grizz antagonist
09-21-2006, 03:34 PM
this is good news for the area. i do worry about to many tourists. of course this means there will be more guys to insult the jet skiers. lol hey grizz why did they not invite you along? talk to much maybe. ha ha ha

grizz antagonist

Mighty Mike
09-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Probably no grizz cause they didnt need noone to cut bait. This is good news for Chautauqua lake. Like the other guy said i could use some help screaming at jetskie nugget heads. Happy that those next bite folks had a good time.i watch the show on the outdoor channel. Good show. tell me when it will be on.

Mike

Grizzly Gary
09-26-2006, 08:18 PM
My thanks to Mike Sperry of the Chautauqua Lake Musky Hunters for being my guest this past Sunday. Excellent Musky tips as well as telling the story of Esox Angler and "The Next Bite" visit to Chautauqua.

You would have to pay thousands of dollars for the FREE advertising Chautauqua Lake will recieve as a result of this visit if you paid for ads.

Thank You "Esox Angler Magazine" and "The Next Bite" Tv show for visiting us here.

A special thanks to Pete Mayna, Chris De Paolo and Mike Sperry for doing a great magazine, tv show devoted to the toothy fish of the waters.

Grizzly Gary