PDA

View Full Version : hot spot

ratherbhuntin
09-06-2007, 08:57 PM
I have been going nuts thinking bout archery lately i have even started crow hunting to feed my need of having to kill something :D so anyways i bought a bag of that hot spot food plot seed. it was $12 for a 5 lb bag. all you have to do is clear the ground and rake the seed in. It took me and hour to clear, plant, rake, and water my little 30 by 30 foot square. I put it next to a water hole which is the only open water within prolly 3/4 of a mile anywheres you go. Hopefully i can keep the turkeys out until it grows a little bit. anyone have any good tips on how to keep the turkeys out or has any1 tried this product yet. i have done larger plots in the past but it always seems the turkeys eat 95% of the seed within a week.

PassThruArchery
09-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Hey Ratherb,
Unfortuantely, I don't have any experience with the Hot Spot stuff. I hope it works out for you. I have a neighbor that tells me he uses scarecrows to help keep turkeys out of his food plots until they get established, but he aslo has a load discharger (at least I think that's what he called it...) that shoots 20 guage shotgun blanks. It actually is set to fire one off every 10 minutes from 6am until 10am and again from 5pm until 8pm. Kind of a neat little deal, but it will scare the crap out of you if you are near it and don't know it!! :D

Also, let us know how the plot works out. I would think that it would be a little late in the year to try to get something established, but that may be what this is designed for, so I would like to hear how it turns out. Good Luck.

ratherbhuntin
09-11-2007, 08:53 AM
after 3 days it already has roots and sprouts. It is supposed to be planted in early fall I cant remember exactly what it contains i know one of the things is snow peas. i am going to check it again this morning maybe i will take a pic so youc ans ee what it is like after just 5 days.

darcher
10-24-2007, 07:10 AM
Just brought this to the top so ratherbe would check your pm's. I have sent you 3 messages about the bow you won.

Bill J
10-24-2007, 10:15 AM
I believe I need to come there to hunt Turkey :lol: :lol:

ratherbhuntin
10-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Just brought this to the top so ratherbe would check your pm's. I have sent you 3 messages about the bow you won.

i have been checking them and i haven't recieved any. I have also sent you 3 messages. you can ship it up to me if you want. If you need to give me a call my number is (814)-848-7587 just ask for TJ. seems gary will have to look into the pm's system to see if things are working ok.

woodlandtrophies
10-24-2007, 07:18 PM
not sure, but when we planted our grass seed, we covered it with hay to keep the birdies off. Worked great & the grass come up perfect!

Bill J
10-24-2007, 09:07 PM
RBH wrote:

seems gary will have to look into the pm's system to see if things are working ok.

I PM'd someone today and he replied, had no trouble so looks like the PM system is ok.

darcher have you emptied your pm box lately? Could that be a reason your pm's are not going out or receiving?