PDA

View Full Version : Kinzua Pointers

eye spy
09-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Hello all. Taking two friends up to Kinzua this Saturday. Looking for any direction on getting two guys on some fish while they experince the beauty of The Res for the first time. Shame on me, but this will be my first trip up this year. Fishing the PA waters, anything with eyes and fins will be targeted. Don't tell the eyedoktr, but I would even take smallmouth advice.

Congrats to Tom & Sue on the KAWA Championship and all other winners this year. Darren and I will be back in full force next year chasing the elusive title!

Thanks in advance,
eyespy

eyedoktr
09-21-2006, 01:01 PM
I can''t believe what I just read. It must be that someone else edited your post. :D

Mighty Mike
09-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Heard that nice fish were being caught from cornplanter down. Did good just below Roper hollow a couple weeks ago. grizz told me that guys were catching lots of fish at wolf run marina over by that new walkway they built. Some group put a bunch of structure down there.good luck.

Mike

09-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Sorry for the late reply back, but... Boy, did we pick the wrong day. Jigged and blade baited Saturday from 8am until 2pm with only one 18" walleye (Webb's Ferry) for the three of our efforts. All other fish caught (not many) were smallmouth and rock bass under 8 inches. :(

Hit all the usual PA spots. The only real activity on the graph was around the fishing "pier" at Wolf Run, but all were tight lipped. All other spots were dead. Must be too early for the river channel/cliff activity.

And yes doktr, I resisted the temptation to throw the jerkbait for all the smallmouth busting the surface!

Also spent two plus hours doing the four pole troll at 5mph for muskies in the afternoon with no luck.

eyespy

Grizzly Gary
09-27-2006, 07:42 PM
I'd a thrown the jerkbait! Then i'd a e-mailed pics of the Bass to the eyedoktr!!! :lol:

Sorry you had a rough time. It was a tough weekend on the Zoo by all the reports i've been getting. Without meaning to sound stupid I will quote the famous line "That's why they call it fishing & not catching."

I'm sure your guests still enjoyed the beauty of Kinzua Country.

Grizzly Gary