PDA

View Full Version : treestands

treerat
09-24-2007, 11:12 AM
With the seasons fast approaching be sure to check your stands . inspect them for cracks in welds ,loose or missing bolts and nuts . Dont forget the straps ,chains and cables . repair or replace any worn parts . Also if you hunt from a stand please wear a Safety harness . Also if using a climber be sure to have the bottom attached to the top .
I once had the bottom of my climber kick loose while up about 25' .Thank fully I was wearing the old belt style device .It was very painful around my chest and underarms .This was back when I was 20 pounds lighter and 15yrs younger . The harnesses would definitely be less painful . Hunt safe and good luck this season .

Grizzly Gary
09-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Good advice Treerat. Certainly glad you survived the fall. Scary business.

I just ordered a new full harness. Will feel much more comfortable in the tree this year.

darcher
10-14-2007, 09:15 AM
We all preach safty but often time do not operate in it. Please do not take any short cuts this season in the area of treestand safty. We here in Warren County have lost one to a treestand accident this season. That is one to many. Don't let the next one be you!!!!!! :(