PDA

View Full Version : PA first day

turkeylad
09-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Anybody score. I almost got a shot at a three point but i couldn't get back.

treerat
09-30-2007, 09:00 AM
no shots taken . But I did see lots of deer . I saw three in the morning one was a small buck . In the evening I sat up where I could see lots of fields and open pasture . I saw 19 deer . closest ones were about 150yds . Still nice to know there is plenty of deer around . :D

Esox_Hunter
09-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Close but no cigar.
Saw 7 does and a small 6 pt in the morning. One of the does decided to walk directly beneath my stand and look up at me....BUSTED...didnt see another deer after that in the morning.

I saw 2 bucks in the evening....first one was an absolute giant 10 easily 140 inches...looked like he was coming in to me on a string until he got to about 100 yards and he wandered off into some thick stuff...never saw him again. Just at dark another good buck made his way out, a very nice 8 and this guy got within 15 yards of me but would not present a clear shot. Every time he got in a clear spot he was facing me.
All in all pretty exciting day

Chris

Neil Peart
09-30-2007, 02:03 PM
good luck hunting over the season

J-k
09-30-2007, 03:50 PM
I hunted the ANF. Do not go. Do not waste your time. I suggest to avoid that area. I was able to view a few birds. I've hunted the ANF for two decades, I've never seen it so bad. All of the scouting, spotting, have lead to 9 deer. What a shame. It was such a wonderfull place.

carl milks
09-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Could only hunt the first hr- saw 4 does-all shootable, but passed, then passed a small 6 pt. Had to quit by 0800 for a prior engagement. Just as I was getting ready to lower my bow, a nice rack buck walked in, but stayed just in thick enough brush to not allow a clean shot. He left unscathed. Could'nt get out in evening. There's still season left-I'm not in a hurry. :wink: