PDA

View Full Version : Kinzua 9-23-06

Mighty Mike
09-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Launched out of Onovile and it was bad.i only got 2 shorties acouple of perch. Tough fishing for me. Anybody else doing any good.
mike

Bryan Hoffner
09-26-2006, 06:17 AM
mighty mike,
you are not alone. The evening before both my partner in crime Cole and I put both our boats in the water at webbs and headed north. I had the unfamous creator of havock on my boat "greg k" and he had a another good friend on board.
We worked the lake until well after dark to where we almost had trouble finding webbs on the way back. Thank god for the light at Willow as we made a good guess and landed right at webbs launch.
My boat landed 1 short eye and one measely northern about 24 or 25. Coles boat 1 small bass. Lake started getting really rough. Couldn't see them on the way back down the lake but the waves seemed just short of white caps. It ain't bad during the day like this but after 9 pm this time of year it's fun.

This is what we get for me letting Cole change our minds about the catfish trip we were suppose to go on. Another failed attempt for me. Next trip will not be for a while. better fishing is coming. When all you are killing yourselves hunting I'll be smacking eyes in november.

Grizzly Gary
09-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Bryan, with "Greg K" along could there have been a conflict of interests regarding Senior Sodas? :occasion5:

Sorry to hear that the bite wasn't hot for ya. You are right in that better days are ahead on both the Zoo & the tailwaters of the dam. LUNKER TIME!!!

Grizzly Gary

Bryan Hoffner
09-28-2006, 06:26 AM
Lunker time is a coming, ha ha ha ha
the hairs on the back of my neck have been quivering every morning I wake and walk outside when the temp was below 50. Ah and the leaves are falling. Makes my memories fade into the chest waders and the river at dusk with the # 13 and 18 rapala floaters(the spots will never be revealed) and the lund with 2 footers beating against the wave wackers while I'm wiping the snow off the livewell lid to put another in.
Gary, to the greg k thing. There was no argument of soda pops as we had 2 coolers. His and mine. We did run low towards the end and it had me a little worried.
The only major concern was the fact you'd of thunk that two guys that have pulled boards as much as him and I (with him being the veteren in my eyes) that we'd known that that northern was on that board. Innstead we thought the board was messed up for about 100 yds.
you would be correct in your thinking when you think that when greg is on the boat you are possibly in for a fishing trip of a life. You just never know what will happen or be said. But this past trip he was pretty well maintaned.

Swanny
09-29-2006, 04:28 PM
I beleive I know why Greggy was as you put it "well maintained" on your outing, there may have been a late night of many senior sodas............. but I would not know anything about that. You are right to say you are in for a fishing trip of a life with him in the boat. I just can't wait for the day when he tops falling over the front of the alumacraft head first at the launch. Claims he was an Amish Aqua View and he was just testing a new prototype.

Grizzly Gary
09-29-2006, 05:48 PM
"Amish Aqua View" I LOVE IT! Almost spit my beer out!! (Sorry Bryan, I didn't waste.)

Grizzly Gary

Bryan Hoffner
10-02-2006, 07:00 AM
Swanny, I do remember hearing something about 4am and then having to go to work.
How does he do it? How do you do it, you probably didn't go home til 1 or 2.

Wished I could have been there to witnes the trial run of the proto type.
Good save Gary with the beer. For one second there I had the water boiling to get the wet noodle to beat you. You must have been thirsty to be drinking a beer to begin with.

Oh hey everyone, Last Tursday night when I stopped to sign up for the big buck contest, I caught gary drinking Absolut vodka instead of Grey goose. What's up, money must be tight at the Grizzly household.

Swanny
10-03-2006, 03:56 PM
You are wrong with the 4am and then going to work. He works for Cal!!! How early do you think they start????????????? I on the other hand have been a good boy as of late and making it home by midnight at the latest. If I get 5 or 6 hours sleep I'm good to go. I do enjoy 8 or 9 hours when it happens.

Bryan Hoffner
10-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Sorry for the mis interprtation. You are I am sure correct in the fact that they probably didn't start til much later. Good for your good behavoir, I'm sure the wife appriciates it. Remember that you have a long hunting season, be good.

fratra
10-06-2006, 05:34 PM
just trying it out

fratra
10-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Nice site! Just joined, cant find much info out there on kinzu. Anyhow fished 2wks ago mid week from pa line up past the dogleg jigged, bounced pulled out all the tricks! NADA! Did run into some wally's across the lake from pierce at dusk but no takers. Think I'll try emeralds what you guys were talking about, mabe its the bait? dont know, I was using crawlers. Any ideas will appreciate. Thanks

Grizzly Gary
10-06-2006, 10:56 PM
fratra,

Welcome aboard! We look forward to your input. I would suggest the emeralds and a 1/4 oz chartreuse jighead. Seems them Kinzua eyes like minnow meat to fatten up for winter. Definitely work the Wolf Run Marina area over by the new fish walkway and out to the point under the Casey Bridge. The Kinzua Fish & Wildlife Assoc. put a ton of structure over that way. Good luck!

GRizzly Gary