PDA

View Full Version : outfishyas first shot at a deer

ratherbhuntin
10-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Well i got home from work today to find a note to go help look for a deer. she was still hunting and snuck up on some doe. She took a 10 yard broadside shot at one and swore she seen it hit like ive drawn in the pic but treerat her and i looked and looked there was alot of dark hairwhere she shot and then for another 6 or 7 feet but then that was it she seen it run into some golden rod and lost sight. we searched for a few hours but nothing just that hair and that was it not a drop of blood anywheres. treerat and i think she grazed it back but she swears she hit it where i drew.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e380/tjwjr89/ICAM0021.jpg

do you guys think it would bleed much from there or would you say she just grazed its back and thought she hit it in her excitement.[/img]

treerat
10-03-2007, 04:00 PM
If she thinks it was hit that high I believe it was just a hair cut . She was shooting up on the deer from that ditch .

ratherbhuntin
10-03-2007, 04:04 PM
my thoughts exactly. i guess it is time for me to wake her up to get ready for the evening hunt. hopefully she can bring it all together and put one down tonight

Brdnspr
10-03-2007, 04:28 PM
There is also an area where you have drawn that is below the spine and too high for vitals. I have seen a couple deer shot here over the years that will get away. Simply because you have hit nothing vital to the life of the deer.

ratherbhuntin
10-03-2007, 07:10 PM
There is also an area where you have drawn that is below the spine and too high for vitals. I have seen a couple deer shot here over the years that will get away. Simply because you have hit nothing vital to the life of the deer.

yes but even hit there you would think there would be blood.

Grizzly Gary
10-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Sounds like Outfishya had a very exciting day! Hope her evening hunt was as exciting as the morning hunt.

A high hit in the meat section between ribs might not produce a blood trail. I am no expert. I am figuring she shaved that doe or should I say she gave it a hair cut?

Brdnspr
10-03-2007, 08:12 PM
yes but even hit there you would think there would be blood.

Maybe not. High hit. Blood could be on her or real sporadic.

outfishya
10-03-2007, 09:47 PM
i don't know what happened i totally forgot everything i was so excited i pretty much just shot at her. I didnt see nothing but a few squirrels tonight maybe soon i can get a sot at another one

treerat
10-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Learn from your mistakes.That adrenalin rush will make you do crazy things . I know lots of good archery shooters that cant seem to kill deer . Keep after them deer your time will come :D

zenrider
10-04-2007, 12:27 PM
It's dead, too bad you didn't find it though. These usually run off to lay down. The hole was probably plugged with stomach mulch. They don't bleed much here, but this causes some chemical/bacteria reaction in their gut and they are doomed. Often they don't even know they were hit there. When they lay down, they don't get up if not bumped.

Coytoes and turkey vultures have to eat too. Watch the sky a couple of days, you'll find what is left.

Try aiming next time :lol: :lol: :lol: