PDA

View Full Version : Treestandtimmy's new bow

treestandtimmy
10-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Just picked up the new Bowtech Guardian today. I know it's a little late, but I had to have it once I shot it. What a piece of engineering genius I gotta tell you. Thanks Ron and Kyle from Wild Wind Sporters in SugarGrove for helping me out and setting up a hell of a bow. I can't wait until I get it into the stand and use it for what it's meant for....Killin' big bucks.
If you guys and gals haven't checked out the Bowtech line, then give it a try. You'll be amazed.
For you technical guys it's set at 66lbs 29 1/2 inch draw Apex site limbsaver stabilizer.Somewhere around 310-320 feet per second.

treerat
10-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Bowtechs are junk :lol: Have fun with your new bow . you have what two weeks before ny season starts? With lots of practice you should be ready on time . Did you opt for carbon arrows ?

woodlandtrophies
10-04-2007, 10:44 PM
I gotta make my way down there to try out the bow hes got set at 50# ^^
Only hard part I have with bows is finding one that goes to a 25" draw ^^ I love my Mustang, but it maxes at 50# (48 to be exact) & I need a bit more power!

treestandtimmy
10-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Bowtechs are junk :lol: Have fun with your new bow . you have what two weeks before ny season starts? With lots of practice you should be ready on time . Did you opt for carbon arrows ?

Treerats are junk! LOL :lol:
I have a little more time than that. I don't hunt that hard until the end of the month and the beginning of Nov. Not that I don't want to hunt, but I break up my last weeks vacation over those two weeks.
Yes, I did get carbons.
It shoots like a dream, I had it rough sighted in about 5 shots.
My shoulder sure feels like hell though.

treerat
10-06-2007, 09:02 AM
I am starting to see some prerut activity . You may want to go look at your hunting area to see whats going on . . Take care of that shoulder wouldnt want you missing any treestand time .

treestandtimmy
10-09-2007, 06:09 PM
My shoulder is recovered,
I took the bow down for the final tune today, and it didn't have to be adjusted at all. Cool! Sighted dead on right now, and I've never had groups this tight in my life.
The 50-70 yard groups are within 4 inches. Still not sure if I would take the shot over 40 yards, but it's sweet to have the capability.

treerat
10-10-2007, 04:43 AM
50-70yds . :? Archery is about getting close to critters not how far you can shoot .

treestandtimmy
10-10-2007, 08:38 AM
according to who??
I've never taken a shot over 30 yards. Probably won't either, but technology is making us question the old school mentality of archery ethics. This new equipment is faster and harder hitting from 50 than any recurve or conventional compound from 20.

rattrapper
10-13-2007, 03:32 PM
That's fast. About a 100 ft. per second faster than my bow. But, I always got pretty close. It will be nice to be able to take that long shot, just in case you win the Safari. :) -------------------- rattrapper