PDA

View Full Version : STINKIN HOT

tunadawg
10-07-2007, 06:55 AM
This heat is terrible. I don't know if it's as bad for you guys in the nw part of the state but here in the east it was near 90 this week. Only hunted two evenings this week, you just sit and sweat. Mornings are so foggy. Yesterday a deer would have had to stop to pee on my ladder stand in order to see it. Should of had radar. I am praying for some cooler temps.
Tuna

treerat
10-07-2007, 08:04 AM
I have been hunting mornings up here in potter county . Its been warm but tolerable 50s and 60s at sunrise . Its been in the low 80s for the afternoon guys . Remember you cant shoot them from in front of the tv or computer . Good luck the rest of the season .

J-k
10-07-2007, 08:08 AM
I hear ya. Just walking to the stand i'm in a sweat. I heard some cooler temps are coming end of the week.

carl milks
10-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Daytime temps been in the 80's here, slightly cooler in mornings, but not cool enough- can only hunt evenings because of job, and the deer are'nt moving here til after 10PM (trail cams prove it)and quit by 0600!!!! Hunted Mon & Tues eves- not even a squirrel moved, but the skeeters sure were busy!!! Hav'nt been out since, had to have emergency surgery on a cyst(benign thank God) on my neck/throat Weds & the stitches are a bit uncomfortable right now, so I'll just wait out the heat. Hopefully it'll start cooling off shortly.

rattrapper
10-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Might as well wait till it cools off.----------------- Been there done that....................... rattrapper

woodlandtrophies
10-07-2007, 08:11 PM
I was out today chasing them squirrels. Was dying in that heat! If it is this hot come Saturday, you better believe i will be thankful for having a blind - Just don't ya'll laugh at my white legs ^^ Shorts it is!

zenrider
10-08-2007, 09:17 AM
I am looking for a full length Spandoflage body suit and a cammo thong.. with bug repellent of course. :roll: :)

Bwanna Jim
10-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Well your right you can't get them sitting in AC comfort in front of the TV or PC so get out there and spot and stalk!! Besides all you people whining about it being TOO HOT to hunt :cry: Wishing it was COLDER :D Then when you get your wish you can complain it's too COLD or too much SNOW :shock: Give me a BREAK,just get out there and HUNT :wink:
If it's too hot to sit on stand get off you butt and go find them!!!!!!!!!!

treestandtimmy
10-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Well your right you can't get them sitting in AC comfort in front of the TV or PC so get out there and spot and stalk!! Besides all you people whining about it being TOO HOT to hunt :cry: Wishing it was COLDER :D Then when you get your wish you can complain it's too COLD or too much SNOW :shock: Give me a BREAK,just get out there and HUNT :wink:
If it's too hot to sit on stand get off you butt and go find them!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN!

Grizzly Gary
10-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Supposed to cool down this weekend. I always wait till the middle of the month before I start chasing with the bow. Skeeters eat me alive. Bring on that 1st hard frost!

Bwanna Jim
10-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Bet all you babies will be out early muzzel loader weather it be 100 or 30 degrees. The weather doesn't seem to bother gun hunters!! :P :wink:

ratherbhuntin
10-09-2007, 01:34 PM
well It is raining up here in potter right now so hopefully we get some good action either tonight or tommorow morning.

J-k
10-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Tonight the deer are going to move hopefully. Archery is not as easy as pulling a trigger.

tunadawg
10-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Last night in the stand was much more pleasant than the previous nights. Starting to cool down a bit. As for muzzleloader season, I'm staying with the bow. The flintlock doesn't see the woods till after xmas. I'm not a fan of this early season cause it messes up my archery hunting a bit. Plus I have to remember all that orange.
Tuna

Esox_Hunter
10-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Tuna,

I agree on the early muzzleloader season. All it does it put the deer down until rut more or less. Not to mention the hoardes of slob hunters that I typically see hunting this season. Not sure I even wanna hunt this weekend due to that. Tired of these guys walkin all around my stands, especially within an hour of shooting hours. Never fails, I know come 7:15am sat. im gonna see tails running up the hillside and right behind them will be elmer fudd and his muzleloader trying to make a stalk...lol
Anyhow the weather does look good for the rest of the week, so Ill probably make the drive anyways to hunt saturday.

Bwanna Jim
12-04-2007, 07:32 AM
If you were too hot before take a look outside NOW :shock: What a diffrence in 2 months! Late season black powder and archery should be great if it sticks around. Or is it too cold now :lol: :lol: :wink:

Grizzly Gary
12-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Baby it's cold outside!! :lol:

I like this weather for hunting much more than those hot days we had in October. Though perfect hunting conditions for me are 39 degrees with an inch or two of snow on the ground. NO WIND!!!

12-05-2007, 11:20 PM
You bet your sweet bippy its cold out!!! I don't want the hot weather or wind either but i'm glad i'm tagged out because its 7 degrees here right now and i'm not real excited about being in my stand with these conditions although if i still had my buck tag, i'd be out! Ha! :shock: :lol: :lol: