PDA

View Full Version : I SADLY CONFESS

Grizzly Gary
09-28-2006, 10:08 AM
I sadly confess that I have not shot one arrow yet. Here it is just days away from the Pa. opener and my bow hangs on its rack in the Manly Man room. I am sure it feels hurt & un-loved right now. I regret that I have been just to busy to get to it.

Much to my suprize I have spoken to several other much more serious shooters than I who say the same thing. 2 of them stunned me that they hadn't been practicing, scouting, setting stands and the like. They are very serious shooters of past years.

Who else here wants to confess? Are you ready?

Grizzly Gary

treerat
09-28-2006, 12:54 PM
If you start to practice now you might be ready by the Ny opener . I have been shooting for a few months .

btexpress
09-28-2006, 02:32 PM
I've been shooting for a couple of months. I haven't had time to shoot this week. I'll shoot three arrows Friday night then head for the woods Saturday morning.

treestandtimmy
09-28-2006, 03:00 PM
You guys from PA suck :lol: , I have to wait another two weeks before I get to step into the woods. Grizz I'm so dissapointed in your lack of apptitude in the area of a practice regime. It's not like your a busy guy or anything, you have a part time work schedule and a full time senior soda pop schedule. :lol: Get your bow dusted off and throw a couple sticks into the bail!

darcher
09-28-2006, 08:18 PM
I confess!!! I have been praticing for only 10 months, but because of too many days spent in the hospital in the past three weeks I am not ready to go to the woods on Sat. morning. I see things in a different light now, wanting to but not being able, then there are those like Gary!!Shame, shame, shame!! Good hunting to each of you this season, be safe and enjoy your time in Gods creation.

Grizzly Gary
10-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Geez darcher you sure know how to kick a guy in the butt. :lol: I will be down to see you guys tomorrow or Wednesday to get set up. I hope to be hunting by the end of the month. Plenty of time to hunt both Pa. & Ny.

I will try to regain all heres favor. :oops:

Grizzly Gary

Outdoorsman
10-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Its a small sin not to practice now, but a HUGE sin if you are not ready for the rut.

Mighty Mike
10-03-2006, 12:29 PM
I didnt shoot my bow yet. To busy getting for my canada trip. So dont feel to bad grizzly. im sure you not the only one.

Mighty Mike

flipper
10-04-2006, 06:40 PM
I"m with you on that one Outdoorsman.I'll start hunting down your way in about 3 weeks.Always look forward to hunting outside the wonderful town of Wintersville during pre-rut and rut. Never have to leave Jefferson County to find Pope And Young bucks.

Old School Dave
10-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Outdoorsman,
Flipper and I were down your way this morning and our chief guide showed us what to expect pre-rut/rut. He had about 1/2 hour of nice bucks on his video cam that he took as he was bricking his new house.Would give anthing to live down there in Salem Township.

Grizzly UL
10-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Just dropped the bow off at Jewell Archery in Russell Pa. for a Lube, Oil & Filter job. Dougs word to describe my bow was "relic". However at this time I can not convince my significant other that I need a new one. Looks like it's one more year with this one. I will take a photo of it and post it here so that all can have fun and take jabs at me and my bow. I truly do enjoy getting my bal** busted. :lol:

I will be ready by the rut!

Grizzly Gary