PDA

View Full Version : first snow

ratherbhuntin
10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
at 10:40 am we got our first snow for the year up here in potter county it was just a few little flurries but it was snow and it is supposed to be 28 tonight so hunting should be good tommorrow.

carl milks
10-28-2007, 09:50 PM
We had sleet coming down around 1PM here-at least up on top of hill while I was checking my trail cam. Already tonite it's colder than a titch's wit.

treerat
10-29-2007, 04:55 AM
28 degrees would be nice . I just looked try 21 degrees . brrr Where did I put my winter gear :oops:

Bwanna Jim
10-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Like I said in the TOO HOT post you are starting to whine about it being too cold!! How about we bring back the 75-80's we had 2 weeks ago? Would you like that better :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:

treerat
10-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Not Whining at all . It finally felt like late October this morning . :D . I was out from Daybreak Until 10 . Did not see any deer . But they were there I heard them walking not far away . Love that sound of crisp leaves in the morning and deer .

Bwanna Jim
10-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Treerat you should have stayed in the woods as during the moonbeams the deer only go out during midday :lol: :lol: I found that a treestand was not the place to be! So many deer moving around me while I was up a tree Sat. that I decided to forgo the stand on Sun. Saw 5 doe off aways and followed them for about 200 yds. Then it happened a little buck cut their tracks in front of me about 12:30PM tried to get a shot but he moved right to them fast! Then another buck came from no where or dropped from the sky about 20yds. in front of me :shock: I shot a nice 50+ point sapling which also fell from the sky just as I tried to shoot this whopper buck 10pt. or better, no time to count both sides but 5 for sure on the side facing the sapling. Oh well saw plenty of action but nothing in NY yet :cry: