PDA

View Full Version : TRACKING AIDS EVER USE THEM?

Bwanna Jim
11-02-2007, 06:54 AM
I was just wondering have any of you used any type of tracking device on your arrows so you could better follow a shot deer? I've used Game Trackers with the string type and they work great. Had a pass through and followed both strings one white the other dark red :D I put it on as it was getting late and a light rain was starting. As it turned out the rain turned into a waterfall and without the aid of the tracker I never would have found that deer :!:

Grizzly Gary
11-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Never used them.

treerat
11-04-2007, 02:10 PM
I used to before I became a successful archer . After seeing how much blood is present on a good lung hit I see no need . Well maybe if I hunted in a rain storm .

Bwanna Jim
11-05-2007, 11:38 AM
The only time I will rely on them is when the bloodtrail could be taken away. Very heavy rain wind or even wind blown snow can get rid of very good blood trail darn fast. If you wait too long the trail might be gone before you have time to get out of your stand! Yes I like to hunt weather extreams as the odds of being detected on the ground are far less. I won't sit in a stand when the weather is like that. I also might slip a string on mu arrow when it gets really dark just to aid in picking up the blood trail quicker!

zenrider
11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
How about the new blood lights? Anyone tried one fo those yet? I have a real bad time because my color perception is just above "color blind" classification. I was wondering if these would help.

I bought the string type, but have NEVER used it. Too many bad stories from folks about arrow trajectory. Never wanted to waiste a spool just to prove them wrong or right. How does that work with your bow?

Bwanna Jim
11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
If your color blind try carring a spray bottle of hydrogen proxide. When it contacts blood it boils up. As far as the tracker string my bow is set up at 75lbs. and I keep shots at less than 25yds. so it hasn't been an issue.

zenrider
12-05-2007, 12:03 PM
How about the electronic IR Gamefinders? Anyone with experience? Are they worth it?