PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Tree Stand

Swanny
09-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Last week I put a stand in a tree in the yard of my camp for a little practice. Figured we would just leave it up till it was needed for hunting as my dad is retired and is at the camp about every day flinging arrows at the 3 D targets. The next frickin morning it was gone!!!!!!! The camp is tucked in the corner of the woods about 2 miles from a main road, very seldom do you see anyone back in there as most of the land around it is, sorry to say, posted. I guess what little land we own should have been posted also!! It is a shame there is scumm out there that have no respect for other peoples property.

RED DOG
09-29-2006, 04:05 PM
SORRY TO HEAR THAT. BEFORE YOU POST YOUR LAND I HAD MY STAND ON POSTED LAND RIGHT BEHIND MY HOUSE AND IT WAS STILL STOLEN. THEN ON OPENING DAY (WHEN I WAS HUNTING FROM THE GROUND) I HAD SOMEONE GUY CALL ME A PRICK WHEN I TOLD HIM HE DID NOT HAVE PERMISION TO HUNT THERE AND LEAVE.

Swanny
09-29-2006, 04:13 PM
No worry of posting our land ,I don't like seeing those areas I hunted as a kid now posted, but I fully understand why landowners post property.

carl milks
09-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear of your theft- I know how ya feel. As far as posting- I own 30 acres of woodland & due to a few idiots, I have been thinking of posting- but don't really want to. I'd like and prefer to keep it open, but last year, I had a guy approach me while I was on stand and told me to get off "HIS" land!!!! I have never seen this guy before, and he went on telling me how he's sick and tired of people trespassing on HIS property. Then, he "orders" me out of my treestand!!! So, I got down and confronted him. After I identified myself as the REAL owner, and showed my badge, he turned and took off, and it was then I noticed he did'nt even have a hunting licence on his back!! Never saw him again-don't want to either. But it's weird things like this that make it tempting to post. I just don't want everyone to suffer because of one or two jerks.

Grizzly Gary
10-01-2006, 12:37 PM
This is why we must make sure these type of things don't happen. These two circumstances occured because these two individuals were never confronted by family and friends when committing these type of offenses.

We as sportsmen/women must make it clear to all we know that this activity is wrong. Scum like this will cause every landowner to post his/her property.

When I ask folks who are against Sunday hunting why? These are the examples I am given. Landowners want a day of peace from the thieving ignorant scum that makes us all look bad.

Damn this kind of Sh** pzzzes me off!

Grizzly Gary