PDA

View Full Version : Love the Snow

870Boy
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Spent some time still hunting this afternoon. Perfect conditions. Was about 1/2 second away from releasing an arrow into a nice doe, but she walked into some brush...ohhh well. I am learning a lot about the my new property. Just closed on it last Thursday, can't wait till shotgun season. Snow sure helps speed up the learning process.

Mighty Mike
11-08-2007, 12:06 PM
snow is a neat thing. just keep it to 2 or 3 inches.

mike

carl milks
11-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Amen Mike!!! I was up checking my trail cam today where I shot my buck Tuesday and the snow sure does tell what's around and what's not. Two bucks came thru on same trail he did, bears came thru, turks were in there when I got there, all tore up.

870Boy
11-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Got the first buck of my new property this evening. I was sneaking along through an overgrown cow pasture. Saw this buck, double lunged him at about 25 yards. Normally would have passed a buck like this, but for the first one on the new property and sneaking around I could not resist.

treestandtimmy
11-10-2007, 09:41 AM
I just hope this little bit stays on the ground for a couple weeks. Sure makes it easier to see movement

JEREMIAH JOHNSON
11-10-2007, 11:45 AM
It's supposed to get up to the upper 50's beginning next week, but towards the end of the week it's gonna drop right down and hopefully we can get some more snow.