PDA

View Full Version : Pa archery season is over

treerat
11-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Well today was the last day . My season was great .Even though I only killed one deer . No Big Buck for me this season . :x I passed on 6 legal bucks .Holding out for One bigger than my last years buck . Almost happened this after noon . He was a big 8pt estimated 20"spread . He came to within 18yds before he saw me . He was facing me and I wont shoot a frontal shot with the bow . He took off when he saw me . Always a great season Any time you can share the woods with friends . I helped recover Ratherbhuntins buck . Tried to find one for outfishya .
So How was everyone else's Pa Archery season?

carl milks
11-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Mine ended good-you posted my pics for me-thanx again. I was getting rather bummed for the 1st three wks- not seeing a deer after the 1st day. That heat wave and the small game pressure had all my deer nocturnal-as trail cam proved. Once the weather cooled, I started seeing deer again. Passed 2 "small" 6 pointers, waiting for the bigger ones I had on film. It finally paid off with that nice 7 pointer. I did get to see bears, turkeys almost daily, just watching the wildlife made the wait worth it.

tunadawg
11-11-2007, 05:46 AM
I had an enjoyable season. Saw lots of different buck. Had alot in bow range, just not what I was looking for. This last week the big boys came out to play. Saw one friday evening was easily in the 150 class. A real beauty, but hte does took him the wrong way. It was just nice to see him. Only shots at doe I had were to dark to see the pins. Freezer is EMPTY! Hope to change that come gun season.

darcher
11-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Mine ended as it began. On the first day I saw nothing. On the last day I saw nothing until walking out. In between was a blast, I was truly blessed by the Lord with a memorable archery season. :cheers:

I have been following the threads and congradulate all who were successful.

J-k
11-11-2007, 09:17 PM
It was a interesting season and i loved it. I was able to harvest a small 8pt with a 13 inch spread. just had a hard time getting a big one close. I always keep a journal of the season. I seen 7 bucks total. 3 legal bucks and 4 non shooters. The part that upsets me is that i only saw 5 does,that's not so good. The season started slow but really heated up at the end. Looking forward to next year.

11-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Saw alot of bucks but only 2 i wanted and they didn't give me a good shot.Saw tons of does {which i did harvest a nice one} and also saw several bears.Most of the season was nice weather too.Now, i got to get my lab out for some waterfowl and increase my trapline. :lol:

zenrider
11-12-2007, 01:13 PM
That was pretty frustrating but I will be back next year.

Only had one fun experience the last Friday. Buck walked straight down the old RR grade 300 yards straight at me. I had time to put down my deer cart, unstrap my bow and quivver, knock up and aim and aim and aim. Finally saw horns about 150yds out. Spike, go figure. It came about 50 yds out before it finally decided my totally orange body was something other than woods. No points worth pursuing there.

I love it though when the bucks act brainless. At least I saw 4 deer that day. That is the most in one day this year. Three scrawney does and one crappy buck. Total deer sighted in 20 days afield was 8. No shooter bucks sighted.

Bill J
11-12-2007, 08:26 PM
I need to ask a question of you Zenrider....Why would you....

At 300yards out ""knock up and aim and aim and aim. Finally saw horns about 150yds out"". Seems like an awful long way off to be putting yourself into a shooting stance in the wide open with a bow.... Just wondering?

I think when I saw a deer coming straight at me 300 yards out on an old RR grade, rather than aiming and aiming and aiming, I would have been looking for something to try and hide behind and help conseal my "total orange body". This way if he did have legal antlers and he stayed on his straight path on the old RR grade I might have had a chance as he passed by.

JEREMIAH JOHNSON
11-12-2007, 09:17 PM
300 yards out, plenty of time to eat lunch then take a nap. :lol:

rattrapper
11-13-2007, 07:01 AM
That was pretty frustrating but I will be back next year.

Only had one fun experience the last Friday. Buck walked straight down the old RR grade 300 yards straight at me. I had time to put down my deer cart, unstrap my bow and quivver, knock up and aim and aim and aim. Finally saw horns about 150yds out. Spike, go figure. It came about 50 yds out before it finally decided my totally orange body was something other than woods. No points worth pursuing there.

I love it though when the bucks act brainless. At least I saw 4 deer that day. That is the most in one day this year. Three scrawney does and one crappy buck. Total deer sighted in 20 days afield was 8. No shooter bucks sighted. ------------------- Amazing that such a horn hunter would not have known a shooter buck at three hundred yards. And then would have tried to hold a full draw that long? ----------- Just curious? --------- When they are sporting the kinda headgear that Zenrider shoots, they are not hard to spot. ------ I have an inclination Zenrider does not like deer meat much. He just likes horns.......... Try EBAY.COM if you want horns......... :) ------- It will save you much heartache........ rattrapper

Grizzly Gary
11-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Sad to say I never hit Penns woods with the bow. Spent all of my time in Ny chasing with the stick & string. Bummer! :cry:

treerat
11-15-2007, 06:08 PM
You can still carry your bow during gun season in pa :D Or wait for late season after Christmas . I may take the Bow out for opening day of gun season .

Bill J
11-15-2007, 06:18 PM
You are the Man treerat.

Bow on the first day of rifle season :thumbright: or [-o<

treerat
11-15-2007, 09:45 PM
I said May.depends alot on the weather and where I decide to hunt . Probably a thick area across from the farm close range stuff .