PDA

View Full Version : First buck ever: I'm psyched:(a little late though)

turkeylad
11-15-2007, 08:52 PM
little late but i've been busy. Got a six point with a 10 1/2 in inside spread. he scores a whopping 67 2/8. we were in our stands and my dad saw a buck in the field about a 110 yards. He grunted and rattled and the buck came running across the field with his head down. he walked in the woods and we noticed he was a spike. he stayed below us in thick brush for awhile. and while he was down there a small three point came across the field and did the same thing. they were down there for awhile and blew out after awhile. we were watching some does out in the field. for some reason i turned around and saw white horns coming. he walked to the base of my tree and looked up at me but didn't feel threatened. he casually began to walk away and my dad grunted. he backed up and turned toward me and watched for awhile. then he turned and began to walk out toward my right. I drew my bow and aimed through two limbs at his opposite shoulder because of the angle. my dad grunted and he stopped. I released. WE walked out and got my uncles. he went about fifty yards and dropped behind some brush. i can't figure out how to put a picture on.

Buck Master
11-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Congratulations Turkeylad! :thumbup:

Outdoorsman
11-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Way to go. I love the adrenalin of a kill. Congrats on your kill.

treerat
11-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Way to go .

FisherMOM
11-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Good Job TurkeyLad!!!!

Grizzly Gary
11-16-2007, 09:54 AM
EXCELLENT TURKEYLAD!!!! Congratulations! Great story of the hunt.

Mighty Mike
11-16-2007, 01:55 PM
good for you turkeylad. always good to hear the young hunter get a deer.

mike

carl milks
11-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Congrats Turkeylad!!!! Way to show up us oldtimers!!!! :salute: If this is your 1st buck with a bow, you'll remember it the rest of your life-guaranteed!!!

turkeylad
11-20-2007, 11:29 AM
thanks alot guys. But i couldn't of done it without the land owners permission so I thank him for that.by the way I shot im halloween evening. My dad said that he shoots more deer that day then anyother day.

treerat
11-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Turkeylad if you tried to send the pics to me they did not come thru . Please try again .