PDA

View Full Version : ANYBODY SCORE?

carl milks
10-01-2006, 03:38 PM
I had to work yesterday (opening day) so I could'nt get out. Anybody see or get anything? My buddy saw a nice 4 pt in the am, and 6 does in the evening. Buck was'nt legal and "too early" for a doe he said. C'mon Monday eve!!!! I wanna get out!!!

treerat
10-01-2006, 10:10 PM
I saw a bunch of turkeys shortly after day break . also saw two doe. One was to my left while watching her another came in behind me and to the right . She snorted and ran off. I just sat there and laughed at my self . .
Evening hunt I saw 4 doe out in the field on my way out . left the stand early because of rain .

carl milks
10-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Monday eve finally came- had 2 small bucks (spike & 4pt) come in together, shortly after they left, a doe with 2 fawns came in. All within range, would have been nice easy shots-passed. Tues eve- saw 6 does and fawns, two differant bucks came thru- one was a nice high spike, the other had what looked like a decent rack until he stopped 10 yds from me. The biggest 4 pointer I've ever seen. A good 16 inch spread, and way above his ears. No brow tines and only real wide Y's. He would have been mine if only he had a couple more tines. My buddy MISSED a nice 8 pter tonite(Tues) at 15 yds!!!! He was sick!!! He claims it was'nt buck fever, but after seeing he was still shaking 2 hours afterwards......

treerat
10-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Got a late start Tuesday morning .no deer seen . After tracking one Ratherbhuntin got monday night .He hit her a little bit back . We found her near some water after tracking her for 2hrs .

Swanny
10-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Almost scored tonight right in front of Grizz's house with the bumper of my truck on my way home from an uneventful night in the stand. Pretty nice buck couldn't tell how big for sure , maybe an 8. Grizzly could just sit on his porch with one of those sr. sodas and fill his tag!!!!!

Grizzly Gary
10-12-2006, 09:05 PM
How I would love to thump a big 8 point right from the porch. Would be a beautiful thing to win the Big Buck Contest right off my porch! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grizzly Gary

AFISHN
10-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Here is SE PA season opened Saturday Sept 30.

Got a little lucky and scored on a 6pt first day.Since then I nailed a nice fat doe.
Will get my wife to post the pics since I'm a dumb arse when it comes to posting pics.

As I said before 5C/5d is loaded with deer.

And in MHO will be for a long while because getting access is VERY difficult both for safety(real and imagined) issues and general ANTI sentiments(that is until some family member gets severe Lyme disease or some deer eats mama's Daylilies ) :?

Will ease off on the deer hunting until NYS and PA gun comes in..

I will now start to seriously practice LR shooting on my new custom LR shoulder custom gun and doing some waterfowl hunting

treerat
10-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Congrats on the deer AFISHN
I finally got a buck up in ny .seven point .

FisherMOM
10-15-2006, 11:26 AM
congrats on the deer.

I saw a 4 point laying by the road.. car got it.

carl milks
10-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Congrats on you guys scoring! I'm still holding out for "the big one", passed on a small 6 pointer Sat morning, saw 4 does-had shot at one but passed (hope this doesnt come back to haunt me), saw two other small bucks.