PDA

View Full Version : Team Treestandtimmy VS. Team Grizzly at his way archers

ICDUCKS
12-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Who's in? This sounds like a great time.I dont know how many shooters we can have on a team,but Id bet Bob could get us started in the right direction for team leagues! \:D/ anyone who has any ideas jump right in!

Grizzly Gary
12-10-2007, 04:18 PM
I will try to call Bob Johnson later in the week.

treestandtimmy
12-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Your going to be the underdog every week Grizz!! You'd better start recruiting people now if you want to stand a chance against Team TST!!! Dynomite! :lol:

ICDUCKS
12-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Gary I believe TST just drew a line and dared you to cross it! You arent going to put up with that are you? Come on Gary show him what ya got! :boxing:

12-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Get some of the details so we know whats goin on.When,prices and what time? A league or just a friendly competiton? :roll:

Bwanna Jim
12-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Grizz if you need a shooter on your team I'm up for the task. I love competative shooting no matter what we shoot with. How about Mighty Mike I hear he can shoot! Give LB a call I know he would be up for it too. Even if we don't kick butt it never hurts to practice during the off season! I'm guessing this will be Bow Hunter class not target bows?

J-k
12-11-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm in, let me know what's going on. I would like to shoot all winter!

ICDUCKS
12-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Depending on what everyone thinks,what do you think about breaking the teams up by pullin names?That way tst cant buy pro shooters for his team. I heard through the grapevine that even with the most awsome bow like a bowtech guardian tst would get his a** handed to him by Grizzly Gary on the 3D range,and I heard he is already nervous. Just an idea! I dont really care,I just want to get out and shoot. :evil:

ratherbhuntin
12-11-2007, 06:28 PM
might have to make a trip down someday and shoot with you guys if you get something going.

woodlandtrophies
12-11-2007, 07:24 PM
I'll join! But who's team will I pick.. hmmmmm......

J-k
12-11-2007, 07:26 PM
I want to be on woodlandtrophies team!

12-12-2007, 12:59 AM
If i can make it,i'll shoot for Grizz,let the azz whoopin begin!!! Ha! :lol: 8)

treestandtimmy
12-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Depending on what everyone thinks,what do you think about breaking the teams up by pullin names?That way tst cant buy pro shooters for his team. I heard through the grapevine that even with the most awsome bow like a bowtech guardian tst would get his a** handed to him by Grizzly Gary on the 3D range,and I heard he is already nervous. Just an idea! I dont really care,I just want to get out and shoot. :evil:

What the heck man, you little pot stirrer :lol: I don't even think the Grizz knows what a 3D range is lol. I think you heard Grizzly is already trying to find excuses Not to shoot against me!

ICDUCKS
12-12-2007, 10:13 AM
POT STIRRER? Who me?Come on now,I wouldnt do that!Grizzly isnt afraid of a little competition.Im thinking we could do alot with this, besides having way too much fun we might be able to have each shooter put in an extra 50 cents or dollar each week and we could have it go to some childrens outdoor program.Were going to have alot of fun but Id like to see it benefit our youngsters somehow.Just an idea.

Grizzly Gary
12-12-2007, 01:35 PM
I've seen treestanddummy shoot. Not to worry. 8) :lol:

Treestandtimmy has been in contact with Bob Johnson of His Way Archers/Christian Bowhunters to hammer out the details. We hope to meet with Bob on Monday.

I am in if we can work out a schedule that is conducive to all.

Sounds like great fun!

ratherbhuntin
12-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Like i said if you guys get something set up i'd come down for a day sometime and shoot with every1. how much would it cost to shoot for a day.

ICDUCKS
12-12-2007, 04:18 PM
I hope TST isnt really scared of you grizz.

Grizzly Gary
12-12-2007, 07:19 PM
$9 to shoot for a day Ratherbhuntin. Gets you 30 3-D targets.

ICDUCKS I can guarantee you that Treestand-DUMMY fears my 20 year old, outdated, no brand name, hunk of junk bow!!! :wink: :lol:

ICDUCKS
12-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Ive heard that bow has some serious mojo when its in your hands!I think they said bow. :-k

ratherbhuntin
12-12-2007, 08:35 PM
garys bow ran out of mojo about 100 hundred million years ago when the dinosaurs went extinct. :D

12-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Doesn't matter what you have.Its the person behind the trigger.I know guys who have 1000.00 bows and can't hit a bull in the azz at 10 yards! :shock: One of the best hunters i know still shoots his old Hoyt.I think its like 1980's vintage!! Ha! :lol: Show 'em what ya got Grizz!!! :shock: :roll:

Bob Johnson
12-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Greetings all,

We look forward to hosting a team shoot at our His Way Archers Indoor Range. It can be part of our regular league schedule. Teams can shoot on any night they wish or on Sunday afternoons, or each team could shoot any time they wish. Basicly we can make anything work.

We are having work parties at the range on Monday and Wednesday evenings 6:00-8:30, as well as all day Saturday Dec. 22. Stop by during one of these times and we can discuss plans and set everything in place. One of the questions for everyone to consider would be what archery class are you looking at for a team league. Our guess would be "Bowhunter," with maximum distances of approx. 30 yards, fixed pins for a sight.The fees for shooting are explained in one of the previous postings.

Thanks for the continued interest.

Bob Johnson
Chairman
His Way Archers

darcher
12-13-2007, 12:12 PM
The format is not as important as other aspects of this endeavor. Sign up for a two team Grizz league. You know the cost, next is the day and time. I have an idea for the format. It will be competitive and fun, not to mention good practice. I do suggest we do this at the same time as it improves the overall effect, just a bunch of fellow bowhunters getting together, harassing one another, enjoying archery and each other. Helping one another out to improve our archery, yada yada yada. You catch my drift. We need someone to take car of registration, I suggest tst would do well, all in favor, the ayes have it.
Now we need suggestions as to day and time, the floor is open.

Bwanna Jim
12-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Let us know TST when we can show you how to shoot that new fangled high tech bow of yours :lol: I think Gary will show us all up! Hope we can get this thing together soon I'm itching to throw some sticks :wink:

treestandtimmy
12-13-2007, 01:34 PM
O.K. fine boneheads! I didn't start this whole thing, but it looks like I'm the only one that is going to take charge. :pottytrain2:

ANYONE WHO IS SERIOUS ABOUT THIS THING P.M. ME YOUR INFO.
I'll set up a meeting and we'll cover all the logistics at that time.

woodlandtrophies
12-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Question... If you are already a paid member, does it cost extra for joining up on one of the teams? Just checking cause I will be buying a family membership again this year ^^

phlstr119
12-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Hey sounds like fun. If you need one more count me in. I was thinking that my son and I should join up this year and shoot a few arrows this winter and the new location is easy for us to get to. Id shoot with the Grizz, but It would hurt my feeling to shoot agains the Grizz either. Let'em fly :wink:

Mighty Mike
12-14-2007, 01:18 PM
depends on when but ia am in. just worry about snowmobile time. grizzly give me a call. when it comes to shooting stand in front of grizz and you will be safe.

mike

woodlandtrophies
12-14-2007, 08:15 PM
I'll shoot on whom ever's team gives me the most pretties! :twisted:

ICDUCKS
12-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Gary and I were talking tonite and we think you should have an all Hottie Huntress team that would probably kick all of our azzes.What do you think about that woodlandtrophies?

ICDUCKS
12-14-2007, 10:25 PM
It would be the WOODLANDTROPHIES HOTTIES !

woodlandtrophies
12-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Now now, down boys! *runs & gets the buckets of cold water*

I wouldn't call myself a hottie, unless you count hot as in hot to hunt, shoot, yada yada ^^

Still waiting on my pretties before I decide whose team to join on har har! *ponders* Africa would be nice *smirk smirk*

See you all Sunday, or some of ya anyway! Be sure to bring lots of hot chocolate to the Happy Hooker, sounds like it will be a cold one!

ICDUCKS
12-15-2007, 07:34 AM
We might want to have our snow shovels with us to.

treestandtimmy
12-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Looks like we have 10 or so right now, but I still need some of those to p.m. me to verify their interest, and then we will have an official meeting about it. If we get enough we can have more than just team grizz and team tst.

ICDUCKS
12-19-2007, 10:34 AM
TST and I will meet with Bob Johnson on sat.If you have any ideas or suggestions please post or pm one of us b4 sat.thanks

treerat
12-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Too far for me . Great Idea though . Any thing that gets Gary Shooting more has to be a good thing . Some body better bring some small horns to put on the targets . Gary couldnt shoot something with big horns :lol: Would like to get down to shoot once with you guys though

Grizzly Gary
12-21-2007, 08:26 PM
The Vegas Line has Team Grizzly as 7-1 favorites over Team Treestandtimmy.

My Vegas friend "Bookie In The Woods" says that the line will change if the Lady Shooters jump in.

Place your bets boys & girls! :lol:

treestandtimmy
12-21-2007, 09:40 PM
we both know bookieinthewoods is a vegas flunkie....but that line is definatley worth jumping on the underdog! i'll save the talking until it hurts :lol:

ICDUCKS
12-21-2007, 09:43 PM
If you two are lucky Ill shoot against both of you and you two can add(I hope you can) your scores together to try to beat me! Greasy Gary and Treeslimetimmy!

woodlandtrophies
12-21-2007, 10:04 PM
You know I am gonna laugh if I beat all of ya'll!!

Who'd a thunk it?! One of the Bait babe/Huntresses kicks all the boys butts!!

treestandtimmy
12-22-2007, 09:06 AM
alot of talking in here, you know that a fish would never get caught if he kept his mouth shut :lol:

ICDUCKS
12-22-2007, 12:06 PM
We'll see Treestandtimmy.
Dont be gettin scared and back peddlin!
I wont lay the smackdown on ya right away,ill let you build alittle confidence in your shooting b4 ismoke your azz!