PDA

View Full Version : THE CHALLENGE HAS CHANGED! TEAM HUNTING PA. VS TEAM GRIZZLY!

Grizzly Gary
12-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Just hung-up with Mack from www.huntingpa.com and I issued a challenge to him and their sites participants.

TEAM GRIZZLY VS HPA! THE ASSAULT OF THE ARROWS!!!!

We share like minded goals.

1. Promote a group like Christian Bowhunters/His Way Archers. Introduce many folks to their new 17,800 square foot indoor shooting facility as well as the kids programs that they provide.

2. Promote the sport of Archery.

3. Promote a family oriented event.

4. Kick the poop out of the HPA Team!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's only $8 to shoot the 30 3D targets they have available. As stated before this shoot will take place Sunday January 13th at 1:30 in the afternoon.

This is a FUN SHOOT! Kids, women, men, families are all welcome!!!! It don't matter what kind of bow you got. It don't matter what kind of shooter you are. Heck, my bow is 20 years old!!!

I will work on volunteers to do the scoring but remember the score is the least of our goals.

I will also make sure we have some kind of yummies for all to share.

What a fantastic way to spend a Sunday afternoon with friends who share our passion for the sport of Archery!!!

Who wants to help Team Grizzly take HPA down?!?! (WE GOTTA TALK A LITTLE SMACK!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

www.hiswayarchers.com

www.huntingpa.com

ICDUCKS
12-26-2007, 08:16 PM
LET THE SMACKDOWN BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

woodlandtrophies
12-26-2007, 08:16 PM
I got some hot pink arrows ready to kick some booty with ya! Intimidating they are!!

ICDUCKS
12-26-2007, 09:04 PM
I wonder how many of them will actually show up? They know going into this they are going to get their azzez handed to them! NO ONE CAN CONQUER TEAM GRIZZLY! NO ONE!

treerat
12-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Just checked the directions from the computer 92 miles . Still hoping to make it .Will shoot for either team .Have to see what kind of bribes I can receive :lol: Now who is buying my Gasoline ?

ratherbhuntin
12-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Just checked the directions from the computer 92 miles . Still hoping to make it .Will shoot for either team .Have to see what kind of bribes I can receive :lol: Now who is buying my Gasoline ?

suppose i could chip in :D

ratherbhuntin
12-27-2007, 09:12 AM
outfishya says she will only shoot if she can get a team grizzly shirt when we get down there.

ICDUCKS
12-27-2007, 09:13 AM
I suppose i could give 50 or 60 cents :lol:

treerat
12-27-2007, 10:12 AM
outfishya says she will only shoot if she can get a team grizzly shirt when we get down there.
HPA is offering some shirts :?

Mighty Mike
12-27-2007, 10:37 AM
will try to be part of team grizzly. i already have a t shirt. sounds like a good way for everybody to have fun and see the new place. i hear it is a huge indoor range. let the arrows fly.

mike

Grizzly Gary
12-27-2007, 12:05 PM
All I have left in Grizzly shirts is large & medium. Got a few in girlie colors also. Would be glad to give one to anyone shooting for Team Grizzly.

Whether there are 5 or 50 of us I look forward to seeing the new facility and supporting a group like His Way Archers.

No one will be a loser that afternoon!

Well, maybe the HPA guys will be humble!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ICDUCKS
12-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I hope thats true Gary.
Ive been a loser for a long time

Mack
12-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Hey Gary, got it posted up over at HPA but response is a little slow, think the NY thing is making it sound too far away, eventhough I stated differently (but i will work on that).

I may not be able to be there til later as that is my time to shine here at work(year end tax work) and I got auditors in on the 14-15th to prep for, but may be able to make it up to towards the end of the event. WIth the way i shot a bow under pressure though..that is a good thing for HPA though.

Either way I'll get some from HPA there it represent. Thanks again for the phone call, should be a great day for a great group, do what we can to make it a big of a success as possible.

Grizzly Gary
12-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks Mack. Should be a fine afternoon of fun shooting. For sure it will be fun putting the thumpins on Treestandtimmy! :lol:

Spoke to Neil Peart last night and the young man says he would like to be involved in the defeat of www.huntingpa.com! :lol:

treestandtimmy
12-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Thanks Mack. Should be a fine afternoon of fun shooting. For sure it will be fun putting the thumpins on Treestandtimmy! :lol:

Spoke to Neil Peart last night and the young man says he would like to be involved in the defeat of www.huntingpa.com! :lol:

What the heck is that crap about. I thought you changed this whole thing so you could be lucky enough to have me on a team with you. Apparantly I'm a one man team.
Why would you want to put the thimpins on your teammate????????? :?:

ICDUCKS
12-29-2007, 12:44 PM
I think that is why he changrd it up TST.
He knew we were going to spank his little chubby AZZ and now we wont have a chance too.
just my opinion of course :twisted:

Bill J
12-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Hey Mack you think your HPA team can put a thumping on team Grizzly like you did on the river trout contest?

You had better think again. Gary and his team are ready for you guys this time! He will not be short handed this time around.

Grizzly Gary
12-31-2007, 08:24 PM
TWO THINGS!

1st Treestandtimmy can't shoot **it without Smitty pulling the trigger for him! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2nd I called Mack at www.huntingpa.com for 2 reasons. To promote www.hiswayarchers.com and their new facility in Jamestown & 2 because those HPA guys are a great bunch! Plus we share an afternoon of Archery!

Good folks at HPA as they are I don't think they will mind the fact that we will SPANK THEM that day! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is my hope that we will share our Archery Expertise so that they will go back to www.huntingpa.com and better educate their Archers. Our job is to help and assist those less talented than we!

I am worried about 1 thing? What if the Steelers are playing the Pats that afternoon???

Please all visit www.huntingpa.com at their Archery Page and talk some smack to them! They are crying that we here in NW Pa. & Western Ny. are to far for them to drive! A site with 10,000 registered users must have a bunch of Archers that live in our area? I guess they are afraid?!?!?!

Bill J
12-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Gary wrote:

I am worried about 1 thing? What if the Steelers are playing the Pats that afternoon???

That is what they make VCR's for.......TAPE IT!!!! :D

Double your fun...go shoot...then come home and watch the game.

Grizzly Gary
01-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Good point Bill J ! Plus the way they have been broadcasting the games late we should be OK.

I hope as many here as possible will visit the new facility and enjoy an afternoon of shooting.

ICDUCKS
01-02-2008, 05:32 PM
It doesnt sound like too many HPA guys are going to show.I think there afraid to have to say they got spanked by NEW YORKERS!

treerat
01-03-2008, 11:55 AM
How many from this site are going to shoot . There might be 3 of us coming from Potter County . Still depends on the weather .

ICDUCKS
01-03-2008, 12:12 PM
The last thing I heard from Treestandtimmy was 10-12 people that he knew of for sure.It doesnt matter if we have 12 people or 120 its going to be fun.

ratherbhuntin
01-03-2008, 12:30 PM
looks like i might have to shoot for hpa. Hoepfully the weather cooperates.

treestandtimmy
01-04-2008, 08:54 AM
looks like i might have to shoot for hpa. Hoepfully the weather cooperates.
Looks like the enemy lies within! :lol:

ratherbhuntin
01-04-2008, 10:18 AM
well it is supposed to be GG vs. HPA but so far it is looking like a forfeit on the HPA side.

Grizzly Gary
01-06-2008, 03:22 PM
RBH & Treerat you guys can be the www.huntingpa.com shooters. Bring Outfishya with ya, or is she now know as Outshootya? :lol:

Short notice to the HPA guys but it don't matter.

Let's all just get there and have a fine afternoon of shooting.

No Steelers in the playoffs to worry about now!

You will be able to enjoy watching me put a spanking on Treestandtimmy! :lol:

woodlandtrophies
01-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Went down today to shoot, good thing I did! I forgot I had moved my sights for broadheads... WHOOPS! After some shots at the 20 yd bag, I went on to spank the hubby in a new high score for at the range ^^
Watch out! This lady is hot!

coalbedbuck
01-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I may try to make it up for the shoot, I need to take the bow in for a tune up but Wild wind sporters is in the process of moving to starbrick. It will shoot fine for now though. I have to decide between a Coyote seminar and the shoot but I will represent PA if I make it.

ratherbhuntin
01-06-2008, 07:32 PM
[/quote]
That is what they make VCR's for.......TAPE IT!!!! :D

Double your fun...go shoot...then come home and watch the game.[/quote]

VCR man you are old.. :D

Bill J
01-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Always said I was old...in fact I mentioned one time "older than dirt".

VCR it is with me and I am sure always will be. :lol:

Tucker Time
01-07-2008, 07:09 AM
You will be able to enjoy watching me put a spanking on Treestandtimmy! :lol:

LOL.... :lol: :)

treestandtimmy
01-07-2008, 08:25 PM
reeeeeaaaal funny......the only thing grizz is good at spankin' is his monkey :lol:

ICDUCKS
01-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I heard Grizz was going to shoot left handed to give you a break TST.
Im not tryin to start anything, just lettin you know what I heard.

Tucker Time
01-07-2008, 09:06 PM
I was hunting with the gang and Grizz shot three arrows and didn't hit the deer.......TST one shot one kill.........My $ on TST.

I hope to be there myself, sounds like fun.

Grizzly Gary
01-07-2008, 09:18 PM
First of all Mr. Tucker Time www.tuckertime.net it was only 2 arrows! The 3rd had popped out of my quiver and was sticking in the ground 15 feet below me! SO THERE!! :lol:

2ND of all Treestandtimmy, I only spank my monkey when he misbehaves! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was thinking of making a batch of chili and dogs for a snack this Sunday. Venison Chili Dogs! What do ya think?!?!

ICDUCKS
01-07-2008, 10:07 PM
That sounds really good!
Ive got a ton of bambi burger,will there be a grill there?

ratherbhuntin
01-08-2008, 07:50 AM
outfishya and I are getting ready to head down to treerats in a couple hours to shoot and make sure everything is still flying ok.

treestandtimmy
01-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Not sure if they have a grill, maybe Bob Johnson is watching this thread and will respond.

woodlandtrophies
01-08-2008, 04:01 PM
I "think" I heard something about the kitchen being open by next weekend. Not positive on that one ^^ Plenty of outlets to plug in some crock pots though <cough> hint hint <cough>

@tucker - If ya head down can ya bring Nicks bow with ya? I think he is gonna go shoot with us this time around :) Hope ya wife is gonna join us! I need another lady to kick butt with!

Tucker Time
01-08-2008, 05:50 PM
@tucker - If ya head down can ya bring Nicks bow with ya? I think he is gonna go shoot with us this time around :) Hope ya wife is gonna join us! I need another lady to kick butt with!

I will. If I can't make it I will bring it over for him.

I'm not sure if she will make or not. She has her hands full with sick kids rite now. I'm sure she would like to give me aspanking in front of all the guy's. :oops:

Tucker Time
01-08-2008, 05:57 PM
2ND of all Treestandtimmy, I only spank my monkey when he misbehaves! :shock: :lol: :lol:

I'm still laughing.........................

Grizzly Gary
01-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Crock pots was my thinking. Wish I knew how many folks might be over there so I know how much to bring?

If ya can't bring enough for everybody then don't bring it. Then I worry that if they have a kitchen that is selling food I don't take away from their business.

I gotta call Floyd! :roll: :lol:

woodlandtrophies
01-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Ya know my hubby was just at the Falconer meeting >.< I should have had him ask Floyd about that.. darn it!

See ya all Sunday!! bring the butt cushions! Sounds like a lot of sore bums gonna be there!

woodlandtrophies
01-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Hmm hubby just told me, no kitchen, there are plans to be a Food Court, but doesn't sound like anytime soon. Sorry :/

ICDUCKS
01-08-2008, 09:19 PM
let me know what you find out Gary.Ill bring something if that is what were going to do.

Tucker Time
01-09-2008, 06:51 AM
let me know what you find out Gary.Ill bring something if that is what were going to do.

Not sure I would eat anything comming from that mug shot.. :lol: :lol:

Let me know if I can help you guy's out with the food.

treerat
01-09-2008, 08:24 AM
looks like we will have atleast one more individual from Hpa . He is Pumpkinhead and he will be shooting a recurve.

Grizzly Gary
01-10-2008, 12:31 PM
HPA will be well represented. Looking forward to seeing you folks.

Maybe I will have to take my blindfold off since there is some stiff competition coming! :wink: :lol: :lol:

I'm figurin' dogs cause they are easy. No fuss. No muss.

www.hiswayarchers.com

treerat
01-10-2008, 12:46 PM
dogs Wow I havent ate any since i was in the Philippines back in 86 ..Cant wait for Sunday .The Hpa shooters will be victorious 8)

ICDUCKS
01-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Dont be silly Treerat you dont stand a chance.

treestandtimmy
01-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Tomorrow is the big day ladies and gents.......... we'll have a blast. Don't come alone if you don't have to. The more the Merrier!! I'll see you all there, and remember this is for fun..........let's have alot of it!

treerat
01-12-2008, 10:28 AM
We Should be there about 1Pm .Aprox 2hr drive to get there . Looking forward to meeting some of the posters here :D

coalbedbuck
01-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Just called WWS bow is done!! Wife, kids and I just might make it up tomorrow.

ratherbhuntin
01-12-2008, 01:12 PM
i am fletching mine and outfishya's last couple arrows hopefully we ahve a good number of people tomorrow.

coalbedbuck
01-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Wrong cable shipped in and no arrows yet.....Not shootin yet.

outfishya
01-12-2008, 07:11 PM
i'm already the bow is good to go and treerat you know how good my shooting was the other day so dont bet on hpa winning

treerat
01-12-2008, 08:18 PM
i'm already the bow is good to go and treerat you know how good my shooting was the other day so dont bet on hpa winning
You just have to beat Gary . That shouldnt be too difficult :lol:

outfishya
01-12-2008, 08:29 PM
i will just do my best

ratherbhuntin
01-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Since teams are so uneven we should figure up an average score for each team at the end. Hpa will be victorious

ICDUCKS
01-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Ithink we should take the 5 top scores from each team and average(grins)

ratherbhuntin
01-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Well HPa only has 4 shooters so we should just take the team average.

mikeymjr23
01-13-2008, 11:40 AM
I know you are all there shooting already, but good luck all!