PDA

View Full Version : KINZUA ??

Grizzly Gary
10-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Was up Onoville way checking treestands yesterday. Saw a ton of boats out there. Heard some nice eyes are being caught. I haven't been out these last couple weeks. Anybody got any reports?

Grizzly Gary

Swanny
10-09-2006, 06:15 PM
A co worker let me know this morning he was out sunday( maybe he was rubbing it in a little ) They picked up 3 eyes once he figured out the bite, marked a ton of fish, just took awhile to give them what they wanted. I probably won't be able to get the boat out till rifle deer season, and that may be to hunt, not fish.

Bryan Hoffner
10-10-2006, 06:41 AM
And now I quote "Swanny"
"this year I'm going to put the gun and bow down a little bit and get in on some of that fall fishing on the zoo with you guys this year Bryan"

What did I just read, change of heart, huh? that's alright you people aren't wrapped to tight that can't give up the hunting a little bit. That's ok though, leaves the better parking spots at the launches for me.
Hunt hard, Fish even harder.

Swanny
10-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, Hoff, if I could look down and see 6-8 lb. eyes off the front of the boat I would probably get out and do some more fall fishing! There is something that gets me fired up seeing nice bucks in archery season.Hopefully things will come together soon, and I will be able to hit the zoo again in late fall like last year.

Bryan Hoffner
10-11-2006, 05:52 AM
Swanny, I hear you but had to jack you a little. 6-8 pounders, asking alot.
Have fun hunting Chubs game preserve. Tell him he's still a pain in behind.

OTTER 119
10-11-2006, 07:51 AM
I got out the last two Sundays ( another good reason for no Sunday hunting = Sunday fishing!). Fished out of roper. On the 1st we caught some rock bass in the afternoon and some short walleyes at evening dusk. On the 8th I couldn't catch a walleye, but did get some rockos and a little smallmouth. It was a nice day anyways with the bright sun and changing leaves.

I think the problem was my bait, all I had was crawlers....next time I'm getting some minnows and maybe I'll try the Seneca waters instead of roper. The reservoir seemed to be near summer pool still.

Grizzly Gary
10-11-2006, 02:27 PM
OTTER119,

You are right regarding summer pool. With all this rain the water is still up there. I also would agree with your idea of going to minnows. Them eyes want meat to fatten up with!

Thanks for posting your report!

Grizzly Gary

otter 119
10-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Got a chance to fish a little this Sunday, trapped some nice big Con shiners today and took them up to Webbs off shore this evening. Got four or five hits, but only landed one bullhead. Didn't see many boats.

I talked to a guy who was looking for his LOST DOG. LOOK FOR A FEMALE CHOCOLATE LAB AT WEBBS FERRY.

Grizzly Gary
10-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Hope to get out Sunday afternoon. Really wish we were at winter pool. Love fishing that river channel up at Wolf Bend on the reservation end. Have caught some real hawgs up there.

Grizzly Gary

OTTER119
10-31-2006, 08:02 AM
Went fishing out of Roper on Sunday afternoon. Looked like the wind had scared everyone away. I was the only one at roper, but did see a couple boats up to the north going across from Onoville. Anyways we tried for walleyes with jig and emerald shiners and some bigger shiners and only got two short ones. Also ended up with one nice perch and caught about 6 smallmouths. The water is up at spring levels, a couple feet up into the shoreline vegetation. We tried shallow and deep, wind blasted and sheltered areas, but only thing happening for us was the bass. Seemed the fish liked green and/or purple jig heads the best that day.

Grizzly Gary
11-02-2006, 10:21 AM
They are cranking the Zoo down now! You could surf up there at them tail waters. Lots of guys feel the tailrace fishing is best when they are cranking. Look for the slow water spots.

Grizzly Gary