PDA

View Full Version : Bowhunter ED.

coalbedbuck
01-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Want to hunt NY archery and need to take the class, has anyone heard of schedules, or know when to start looking for them???

treerat
01-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Only one listed for all of pa .and its down in Bucks county . :( Not sure where your from .But I know Ny dec has some classes during the summer .

coalbedbuck
01-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Saw the one on the PGC website in bucks county, I'll wait til there is a close one. thanks

Bob Johnson
01-03-2008, 08:52 PM
I don't know where you are located, you can check the New York State DEC web site for classes. If you are in the Warren - Jamestown area, we will have a class in Jamestown at the His Way Archers indoor facility in late August. Most instructors don't have their schedules in place yet. We will have a better handle on all courses in late spring-early summer.

If there looks to be sufficient interest, we will offer a class at the range in early spring to help folks get started.

All New York State classes provide the National Bowhunter Education Federation certification.

Thanks for the interest,

Bob Johnson
Master Instructor

coalbedbuck
01-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah I'm in Warren.
I'd like to come up there to shoot before then but if not I'll c-ya in august.

Bob were you involved in the shoot that was held in Scandia a couple summers back?Had a great time there, the coon shot was pretty cool too. Why was that shoot never held again??

ICDUCKS
01-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Coalbedbuck are you coming to shoot with us on sun.13 at his way archers?

Bob Johnson
01-04-2008, 08:33 AM
I was not involvved in that particualr shoot. The last shoot in Scandia that I was involved with was the Natiuonal shoot for Christian Bowhunters in 2000. You may be thinking of Doug Jewell, [darcher]. Doug is chairman of the Warren chapter of Chrisitan Bowhunters. Contact Doug and look into getting involved. With a little more help maybe that shoot could be held again.

This year the National Shoot for Christian Bowhunters will be at Cable Hollow Golf Course July 25-27.

Blessings,

Bob

coalbedbuck
01-04-2008, 01:27 PM
ICDUCKS, would like to, I need to get some arrows(used my last 3 in archery season), but I am also thinking of going to St. Marys that day to hear the guy from Critterbuster speak on coyotes.... If I don't make that day I would certainly be interested in another day. I need to get on a league. I have shot at Priest Hollow for the last 2 winters.Its fun.

Based on what Bob had to say, He's right I and others need to get more involved and help promote the sport we love.